Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsue866 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 12:35 AM
    Thyroid,hyper or not?
    I have been having problems with a rapid heartbeat,fatique,nervousnes,insomia, so my doc checked my thyroid and the results were tsh 1.64(normal), t4 13.8 (high).he said he would get me appointment with endo a month ago and I still don't have the app. So when I called back he said it could be up to six months before I get one. He says he cannot treat me for this but he doesn't tell me what this is .I have gained about twenty pounds in the last four months, so can I have a hyperthyroid and gain weight and have a normal tsh.and also I stay cold all the time and my understanding is if you are hyper you lose weight and are hot and sweat a lot. I'm completely confussed and my doc is no help.
    Cristiansmomma Posts: 25, Reputation: -4

Feb 16, 2009, 12:58 AM

I really do not know the full answers,but my mom and sister both have thyroid.My sister has the worst case in our county.She has thyroid which makes her GAIN a whole lot of weight. She is on meds.If she misses a dose,she will swell up,cant breathe and so on. She has to go to the ER in that case.
    Mom had a dead thyroid gland.She is on meds as well.She can not lose,or gain weight.She is stuck at her weight she has been for the past 5 years!

I prefer you to call another dr,and get a referrel quick to the dr that does thyroid.Throid can sometimes damage something,cause swelling and breathing problems
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Feb 17, 2009, 12:56 AM

I recently had Hyperthyroidism, do you loose a lot of hair? Hot and cold? Insomnia? Have you lost weight? Tired? I'm not sure how the lab results work but they both have a lot of the same symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is very hyper [ 6 Answers ]

Every time I open my front door, he runs in and starts literally rushing around the table in circles, and barking at everyone. It was funny at first, but now he's hurting me and my family, and he does it everyday. Is there a natural way to calm him down?:confused: I've tried everything I know, but...

Thyroid, possible to be one side hyper the other hypo? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a natural body scan, and was told that thyroid on one side was hyper and the other side was hypo (I think that is what the two conditions are called). They sold me suppliments, and after about 3 weeks of them, one side of my neck hurts. Went to Dr today to check it out, they are...

Hyper link [ 1 Answers ]

:) G'Day :) Could someone explain , in SIMPLE terms what is a hyper link?? Age may not be a barrier but at times it is quite a large obstacle!! Blessings Miykle

Thyroid - Hyper or Hypo [ 4 Answers ]

:o I am a 49 yo wf who has been experiencing weight gain, dry skin, joint pain and thinning hair. I have had spinal, hip and hand surgery due to an accident in the last 2 years. Other than that, no other physical trauma or changes in medication. My physcian order a thyroid panel which came back...

Hyper pigmentation under my underarms [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have been very self conscious about the hyper pigmentation under my underarms for years and I wondered about everything from expensive to inexpensive, I just want to know what would really help me fast and safe. Thanks Oh so much!

View more questions Search