Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasra Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Jul 21, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Hi Guys
    What tips have you got for a ring stuck on your finger, My finger is a bit swollen, I have tried soap, that didn't work. I tried olive oil that did'nt help.:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 21, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Try running your hand under cold water. This should help decrease the swelling then maybe some baby oil. Let me know if it works.

Jul 21, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Hi J 9, I have tried to follow your advice, I have tried cold water swelling is still there and that ring is not budging. I just don't know how I managed to get it on, any other ideas:) :)
    Expert

Jul 21, 2006, 10:59 AM
    Hmmm, try this one.. another one of my home remedies

A local jewler said that he uses window cleaner, like Windex. Spray the window cleaner on your finger and slowly twist in an upward direction. The ring should slip off. If not, we will go for another try...

Jul 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Hi J 9,

I will try that and will let you know what happens thanks again.
    Expert

Jul 21, 2006, 11:12 AM
    If that does not work you can try and use hemoroid cream like Perparation H. It should reduce the swelling so that you can slide it off.

Jul 22, 2006, 03:32 AM
    Hi J 9, update on ring stuck on finger, I bought some hemoroid cream, and the window cleaner spray, both haven't done the trick I'm afraid. You see the knuckle area of the finger is quite swollen. If it came to having the ring cut from my finger ie: accident and emergency, I wonder if the ring can be repaired. It's a beautiful ring with a unusual stone.
    Expert

Jul 22, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Nasra,

After plenty of searching I found this website that has about 41 tips and tricks. Some are duplicates, but there are some new tricks to get your ring off.

Good luck

Jul 22, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Hi J 9,

Yipee ring has just come off, thanks:) to the website you sent me. I tried the tip of lifting the arm right above the head and wraping a bag of ice on the finger, I also used the idea you gave me of window cleaner, with a bit of tugging and twisting, the ring finally came off! I just want to thank you J 9 you always come to my rescue you are a star.:) :) :)
    Expert

Jul 22, 2006, 10:44 AM
    YIIPPEE!! I am so excited for you!! I really did not want you to get that ring cut off. Usually they cannot be repaired.

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF HERE!! I am sure you are excited too!!

I just love happy endings :D
    Expert

Jul 22, 2006, 11:01 AM
    She got it off Joe, but that is a great idea too.

Personally I thought the Preparation H would have worked.

Well, anyway, in case this happens to someone else, Joe suggested rubbing the finget with lard.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 23, 2006, 12:21 AM
    Just thought I would share a cautionary tale... Helping a friend dismantle automobiles in a salvage yard one day... Didn't take my jewelry off before using the impact driver... :rolleyes: My hand swelled up to the point where my rings were impairing circulation in my fingers. Running to the bathroom to remove them, I realized, being an auto yard, of course, all they had was Fast Orange, an industrial hand cleaner with pumice... Needless to say, greater pain was never experienced. Yes, I did succeed in removing them. :)
    The moral of this story... Well, there probably isn't one, other than power tools and fashion don't mix. Just thought everyone might enjoy a good laugh at my considerable expense. :p :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Hey guys... [ 2 Answers ]

:) Have you try Xoftspy.. I think its good because it fix lots of spy in my system... even when my regedit won't open xoftspy fix it... but the only thing is it didn't fix my task manager it won't open... I wonder why... :confused:

What do you guys think? [ 10 Answers ]

What do you guys think is the right age to start having sex? :)

This is for the guys! I need help! [ 2 Answers ]

What am I supposed to do when I guy wants me to make a first move? Especially if its his first time kissing and I'm kind of experienced... and I don't know how he wants it... how do you like it? :confused:

View more questions Search