Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandma123 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Throat bumps?
    Got a weird question. I have had frequent sore throats for a while now, I don't have insurance. I was eating today and the right side of my mouth hurt and was sore I put my tongue on the way back roof of my mouth actually its not even the roof its way past that in the back of throat. (I had to kind of bend my tongue back) and I felt two hard bone like bumps one one each side. One of them is sore.
    What are these things? And are they abnormal? I mean are they part of the throat?
    lauren6318 Posts: 36, Reputation: -3

Nov 11, 2008, 12:56 PM

These are tonsils. If they are sore, you probably have something that should be treated. For me, this happened when I had strep throat. It came back 3 times in 4 months until I took antibiotics. Go to a local clinic, they'll probably see you and treat you for about $100. Or, call around and ask docs for pricing for people without insurance. My doc (when I was a freelancer and had no insurance) charged $50 for a well visit - even cheaper.
    rockyb Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2013, 04:12 PM
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy Inner Ear and Throat [ 30 Answers ]

You know how your throat will itch way inside to the upper right or left, and you can't itch it? Well, that's what mine is doing, along with the constant itching of my inner ear. I can't reach the itch and it's driving me crazy! It's been going on for 2 days now. I also can feel my inner ear...

I have a lump in my throat [ 2 Answers ]

I am in my mid sixties. I notice quite a while back, that I have a lump in my throat. It feels like I should be able to cough it up or clear my throat to dislodge it, but I can't seem to. Has anyone else every had anything like this. I probably should go to an ent dr. and have it checked out. I...

Sore throat,tonsils swollen,and tongue is tearing and little red bumps on it. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what it might be I am scared my tongue is going to fall off.

Weird Bumps On my tongue and throat [ 1 Answers ]

I have these red whitehish bumps On my throat and on my tongue.They look like big pimples in a way. They hurt and its getting hard to swallow without any pain. My doctor took a test and said it wasen't strept throat and it will heal on it's own but it been more than a few days and its still there!!...

View more questions Search