Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlonx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Pink/brown discharge - period?
    Hiya

Im just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some info..
    Basically at the start of Feb I had sex and the condom broke I brought the morning after pill 3 days after it happen (couldnt afford to buy it sooner and the clinic was closed) since then I have each month been bleeding but its brown - pink. The past few weeks I've been gaining a little bit of weight which is noticeable also I've been feeling sick, headaches, tired and dizzy. I've taken 4 HPT's and all four are saying Neg. I'm not sure what to make of all of this as I wouldn't class these ''bleed's'' as a period's as they are nothing to what I usually have, I'm usually very heavy when on my period, where as with the last few ''bleeds'' are more like a brown/pink discharge.

Would be really grateful for anyone's advice!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Have you taken the HPTs using first morning urine? If not, I would suggest doing that tomorrow morning. If so, it may be time to make an appointment with your doctor for a blood test.

Understand though, that stress can cause wacky periods also.

May 12, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Hiya,
    Yeah I did the HPT y-day morning and it was still showing negative, but I've got all the sign of being pregnant.
    Ive not had any stress to make my period's go all silly on me, that's why I can't understand what's going on at the moment.
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 02:57 PM
    How old are you? Are you on any meds? Change of exercise routine? Weight gain or loss recently?

I can help you a little better if I know the answers to those questions.

May 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Im 23, I'm not on any med's, I've had no change to my exercise, although I'm finding it a little hard to do 'sit-up's now as the lower part of my belly is starting to feel tender (left side). Ive gained weight around my waist/belly and my breast have gone up and cup size.
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
    I would say then that you need to make an appointment with your doctor for a blood test and a physical. If the blood test comes out negative, you should find out why this is happening.

May 12, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Okay thanks for all that! I shall make the appointment tomorrow morning. Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but releasing light brown/pink discharge [ 3 Answers ]

I suppose to have my period sometime around Feb. 17 (my period is irregular) and I'm very late. I've been releasing light brown discharge when I suppose to have my period and I just thought it was my old blood before my period but after 7 days I was still releasing brown discharge but sometime...

Pink discharge and late period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 7-13 days late depending on how my cycle aould have ame this month, I have took about 5 tests in that time all - , on the day I was supposed to get my period I had some light pink discharge only a few times when I went to the bathroom,it stopped and now about 4 days later it is back is this...

Pink Discharge after a period [ 1 Answers ]

I had aan unusual period which came 1.5 weeks early and lasted for 10 days(normal for me is 5-6 days). The period was extremely heavy, with very large clots; the period started "brownish red" in color and ended up being bright red at the end of days. Now I have pink discharge coming out for about...

Pink, Brown discharge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know is it normal to have a pinky to brown discharge in early pregnancy. I am about 8 weeks pregnant and started to have to have this discharge. I have no pain and it is only very light. I have bad morning sickness, Well all day and am so tired. Can any one help please ...

View more questions Search