Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoTheOnlyOne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 09:42 AM
    A Needle?
    I met this girl a little over a year ago in my apartment complex, as I learned more about her I fell more in love with this girl, she had a college degree in nursing, has a wonderful 2 year old & all the things I would look for in a girl. I feel in love. As we spent more time together I find she has a drinking problem, along with taking xanax. As things got worse with this I told her either quit the xanax and drinking or I was going to move on with my life.

She quit them both.

Not long after that she got into an accident and was prescribed oxys
    The longer she was on these the worse things got for me, she would take so many at a time it would make her sick, she lived for those pills.

After so long, I again had enough and told her quit the pills, or I have to move on with my life without you.

She said she would, and that she wanted to get help with all of these problems and would go to rehab, 2 days later I drop her off at a detox clinic where she would stay for 1 week.
    And then scheduled to go back for a 28day program to finish

I picked her up from detox on a Monday in which she insisted she wanted one more drink before the 28day program, OK I said.

Then on Tuesday I find out she has met with someone from detox and shot up with this girl
    Using a needle to inject oxys. She has never done this & I can't believe this has ever happened

She wants me to stay and wait for her 28day program to be done.

I think I need to move on with my life, and let her go..
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 09:47 AM
    In 28 day detox I don't think she is allowed to have any contact with anybody any way so use the time for yourself and regaining YOU without her in the picture and go over the pros and cons of staying with her either drug free or doing the drugs. You can only take so much and often even all the love and support from a loved one will not get the addict over their addictions so you really have to make YOU and your needs priority.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2008, 02:39 PM

Why did you let her drink?
    You should have set the boundary
    When she asked.
    Also for an opiate addict, 30 days is not long enough
    90 or 120 is better suited
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 07:24 PM

I think you should move on with your life. She sounds like she has an addictive personality and she'll just relapse after rehab. If you don't want your life to be a rollercoaster, get off the rollercoaster and get on with your life. She's going to run into some huge temptations being a nurse working in a hospital around drugs in the near future and if she does get tempted, she'll get caught and go to jail. Do you need that headache? Hope not.
    ntmds Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 08:25 AM
    First, I want to say that I'm so sorry for both of you. I've lost many friends to the needle, and unfortunately have never seen any get through it. Even with methadone, they just stockpile it use that as another high. This is a crazy life to live and if you feel you can leave this relationship, you should.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Oct 5, 2008, 06:13 AM

Addition is a disease. It is a deadly disease. She can not just stop because some one wants her to and some times not even if she wants to. She needs help. I am glad to see that she is getting it.
    I know you have been through a lot. I agree that you need to take this time to find yourself and know what you want for yourself.
    On the other hand.. what if she goes through with this and is OK again.
    Is this her first time for re-hab and a try for a cure? Every one deserves a second chance. It is up to you to know when you have had all you can take. I would ask that you do not drop any bad news on her while she is trying to recover.
    There will be time enough for that when she is stronger or if she relapses and is still an addict.
    You both have a lot of hard work ahead. I wish both of you the best.

One last thing... after a nurse has been in re-hab the hospital will not allow her around any controlled drugs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the depo needle? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I used to be on the pill some time back for a few years but Always forgot to take it so I decided the best thing to do was go and get the needle I have been on it now nearly 9 months and I never got my period all that time apart from now. I'm fine with that but I've just seen on this site...

Needle or gun? [ 1 Answers ]

I have sensitive ears, like for a new peircing I have to have something like a sterling silver earing so my ear won't get infected. I want my cartiledge peirced, needle or gun? Stud or hoop?:confused: Plus I'm just scared (if it will hurt):(

Needle and seat [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone... I have a problem with my carbs on my polaris xc 700, I have 39mm Keihin D-slide carbs and if I do not turn the gas valve to the off position when shutting the sled down, I flood the engine, sometimes being so bad that I must drain out the cylinders... I was wondering if this would...

Erratic rpm needle [ 3 Answers ]

My Honda crv feels like it will die once in a while when I'm driving down the highway. The rpm needle will drop suddenly and it decelerates briefly, then it's fine. This happened a few years ago and I took it to Honda and they replaced something, I think it was a recall on the ignition.

Fear of Needle [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering if anyone who is a medical assistant can answer my question... I want to become a medical assistant, but I have fear of needle and blood, is it require to give injection or to draw blood?

View more questions Search