Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 10:46 AM
    I'm Scared.
    I am scared I took a pregnancy test and it tested positive and I have signs of being pregnant but I also get theses signs when I have my period. But I am also getting cramps similar to my period cramps. I went to my Doctor and told him I was late but he said to wait because my period is irregular on a usual basis. I am scared and not sure of what is going on with my body. Does any one have any advice?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Sounds as though you are indeed pregnant. Usually HPTs will show false negatives, it is uncommon to get a false negative. You need to make an appointment with an OB for a prenatal visit and blood tests.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I agree with J9. Sounds like you are pregnant. I'm 6 weeks and I also get the cramps like I'm going to start my period. It is the uterus contracting as the baby is implanting furthur into the uterine wall (or at least that is what my doctor said). You need to make an appointment with an ob. Congrats! (I hope)
    Kris1013 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Usually HPTs will show false negatives, it is uncommon to get a false negative.
    ... She means false positive... lol. Good luck with all that you're dealing with!

Kris:p :D :)
    newmommy26 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
    I had been having "period pains" for about 6 days (I was also 6 days late) before I went and took a hpt and it showed positive. I made an appointment with my ob and found out that I really was pregnant. And here I am, 38 weeks pregnant. Good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 06:11 AM
    It is uncommon to get a false positive. HPTs are known for false negatives.

So, since you got a postitive test result, it sounds as though you are pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So scared [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody Can someone out there lend me a hand? Im going through huge upheaval at the moment. I feel like Im losing everything that matters to me. What is going on? Will I find the right man for me? Will I ever have kids? Im so tired and hate waking up in the morning, only to feel...

Scared [ 14 Answers ]

I have this probem for years, if I meet someone and this person liked me and want to go out with me I give them my phone # to get to know them but then I got scared that if I go out with them they are not going to like me like they did when I met them by accident so I creat execused to not to see...

I'm scared [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to skip your period everyonce in awhile??

Scared [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, well I'm 17 and I've never missed a period or varied on the days or anything like that. My family has a history of still having their period all throughout pregnancy, my mom, sister, aunt, grandmother, and 2 cousins all had bleeding for the first few months of pregnancy. I think I...

Little Scared [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently found out I was pregnant, but when I went to the doctor for lower abdominal pain. He told me that I am pregnant, but my HCG level is low. :( I had three ultrasounds and they didn't show anything and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm really worried that I may have a ectopic pregnancy...

View more questions Search