Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
    How do you get TAFFY out of a dryer?
    Apparently, one of my children had a piece of taffy in their pocket when I did the washing and now I have taffy stuck in my dryer! It is stuck on the side and I can't get all of it to come off.

Any suggestions?
    NorCal68 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Might try holding an ice cube against the taffy until it becomes really brittle. At that point you can shatter it - since it's be nearly frozen. I've done that with chewing gum and think it should work here as well.
    Hope this helps!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 07:28 PM
    WD-40 is my "remover of all stuff nasty" in the dryer. Then you have to clean it with a good degreaser to get that out!
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 4, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Since taffy is mainly sugar, and disolves in your mouth, I would suggest a damp sponge or towel after the big chunks are gone; unless the heat from the dryer has turned it to black carbon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaking Dryer - GE "Five Cycle Automatic Dryer" [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I live in a small condo and my washer & dryer are at the end of my kitchen. It is not possible to ignore this sound! Just the other day, my dryer SUDDENLY began making this noise. It's "sqeak sqeak" pause "squeak squeak" pause... and so on. It's loud. I think this dryer is probably 10...

4 prong plug for dryer - new dryer installation [ 3 Answers ]

We are installing a new dryer with a 220 volt 4 prong plug, old dryer had only 3 prongs How is the house wiring attached to new receptacle? cgfryar

Dryer dial won't spin and dryer won't shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore 90 series dyer... where ever you set the timer dial, it stays put and never shuts off automatically. You have to turn if off manually. The dryer ran all night last night and continues to have the problem today. My question... can we fix the dial ourselves or do we need a repair guy? And...

Electric Dryer verus Gas Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Electric Dryer. It seems to take much longer to dry than my old Kenmore Gas Dryer. Is that natural for electric to take longer, thanks

Remove taffy from carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Any hints out there on how to remove taffy that has been melted into carpet? Is using ice to freeze and break it out the best way or is there something else?

View more questions Search