Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeyberry Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 12:39 AM
    Keys on keyboard completely messed up
    I need help badly. There are many keys on my keyboard that are not working correctly!:confused: e.g. k comes as 2, j as 1, l as 3, 0 as *... it goes on and on... It all started when I was playing an online game. This question was typed with on-screen keyboard!
    Note: no keys have 'swapped' places.
    Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
    You are using a laptop.
    Make sure that the Num Lock is turned OFF.
    balanagdara Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by honeyberry
    I need help badly. there are many keys on my keyboard that are not working correctly!:confused: e.g., k comes as 2, j as 1, l as 3, 0 as *... it goes on and on... It all started when I was playing an online game. This question was typed with on-screen keyboard!
    note: no keys have 'swapped' places.
    thanks.
    Hi
    Don't worry about it, you make sure that Num Lk key is off. Then go ahead pressing the keys of as you like.

Regards
    Bala
    cciruso Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by honeyberry
    I need help badly. there are many keys on my keyboard that are not working correctly!:confused: e.g., k comes as 2, j as 1, l as 3, 0 as *... it goes on and on... It all started when I was playing an online game. This question was typed with on-screen keyboard!
    note: no keys have 'swapped' places.
    thanks.
    What is that remedy does not work?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Sometimes a combination, like Fn + _? Depends on Computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All keys on keyboard are locked [ 8 Answers ]

All the keys on the keyboard are locked. I have a feeling that I may have held a key down too long while thinking/typing. How can I fix this?

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

And now for something completely different [ 84 Answers ]

Yes that's right Boys and Girls, step right up and... Ask Me Anything The Rules Ask me anything you want that isn't to do with this site and I will answer in a style of my choosing. That's the rules done, now what are you waiting for? Ok I know it's on the wrong board, but this is...

Pc keyboard keys wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My hp compaq nc6220 has wrong keys - to get a @ you type " and vice versa for example. I followed all the steps in a previous thread on this subject and note that when I go into device manager>hardware>keyboard and expand it, the only entry is "quick launch buttons" i.e. no device is specified. Can...

Certain keyboard keys stopped working (be glad it isn't yours) [ 21 Answers ]

once upon a time, there were 102 happy little keys that all worked on my creative prodikeys keyboard. The all of a sudden, bammy, the r, y, h, 7, I, and the k keys died. This happened when I was using my computer. A while later, the keys worked again. I said to myself that ''this must be a driver...

View more questions Search