Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigBadDanBoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 04:18 AM
    Graphics Card Problems
    Hi!

I recently purchased a GeForce 6200 256MB AGP graphics card for online gaming. The card works fine as do the games but I am no longer able to use windows live (msn) messenger or some other software that has video clips in it. The computer just freezes when I try to launch the messenger. Also when I start up the PC looks for new hardware but cannot find drivers. These include video controller and several unknown hardwares.

I have tried reinstalling the latest drivers but the problem still exists. Please help!

Thanks.
    nidrill Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadDanBoy
    Hi!

I recently purchased a GeForce 6200 256MB AGP graphics card for online gaming. The card works fine as do the games but I am no longer able to use windows live (msn) messenger or some other software that has video clips in it. The computer just freezes when I try to launch the messenger. Also when I start up the PC looks for new hardware but cannot find drivers. These include video controller and several unkown hardwares.

I have tried reinstalling the latest drivers but the problem still exists. Please help!

Thanks.
    Hi, I would imgine there is a conflict with msn and a file with your graphics card software. As for the other bit what graphics card did you have before another AGP or PCI? Or was it onboard graphics, if it was onboard then maybe you haven't disabled your old grahics adapter? Could be causing your boot-up issues.

Right click on my computer select manage, the device manager. If you have to graphics adapters then disable the old one. Hopefully this will help. Can't sat much about the unknow device but I would see which section of device manager they are under this will help narrowsing it down.

Ps, ask Nvidia about the MSN conflict issues they may know about it?

HOpe this helps,

Nige

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video card problems [ 1 Answers ]

When I get into game play on Call of Duty and other war games my graphics have lines going in all directions to the extent that it is impossible to see the action. Is this a video card problem or something else. I also have noticed that when I click on the start button my programs box is very slow...

Credit Card Insurance Problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have a complaint against MBNA, in particular the insurance for the card. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. In 2000, my wife applied for the card and gave me one as well. Shortly after that in 2001, I received a call from a telemarketer at MBNA asking if I would like insurance on the...

Need help with a new graphics card [ 4 Answers ]

OK the help I need is some generous soul to lend me $1999 for This Stonker !!!. I'll even time share it if you want ;)

Sound card problems [ 3 Answers ]

Um just asking but what if your sound card has bine deleted how do you get this back with out using system restore(my mom administrator and will not let any one cause afriad they will change something for the worst).I tried to download but that just came up bad cause again I'm not administrator....

Xp graphics [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed xp on my pc it went on OK but to get the screen to display xp I have to uninstall my graphics card it is a radion a t I. Has anyone got any ideas please john

View more questions Search