Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honsang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2005, 09:19 AM
    DVD RW drive
    My system is P.4 2.4Mhz. With 1GB ram and running Win Xp Pro. I bought the BenQ DVD RW drive (model no. DW1620) about a month ago, at first, when I installed the drive, it just cannot work. Whenever I insert a disc into the drive, an error message " only part of a readprocessmemory or writeprocessmemory request was completed". So I thought it was the drive problem, so I returned and exchanged for a new one, but the new one is still the same, the same error message again, so I realized it may be other problem. So can anybody help me on this? And how can I resolved this problem?

THank You.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2005, 05:39 AM
    New Drive
    Hi,
    When you put the new drive in your computer, did you use the "pin" on the back of the drive to set it to Slave?
    When using 2 drives, one must be set to Slave and the other Master.
    The "pin", called a Jumper is very small, and might require a pair of tweezers to take out of the back of the drive and re-insert into the appropriate place.
    Your computer has to recognize that one drive (say the CD-ROM drive is the Master) and the other drive (say the DVD drive) is the Slave.

Also, after you check on the above you might check out the following:

Go into your device manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click on secondary and choose properties. Go to the advanced settings tab and choose PIO only for "transfer mode". I would ensure that your drive is connected to the secondary controller first though.

Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

CD drive [ 8 Answers ]

Help me my cd drive don't work. It open and closes but it doesn't read anything and it doesn't show in the my computer icon. I have windows xp and my cd drive can burn cd and dvds

Modems on one drive not on other drive [ 3 Answers ]

Help I have a compaq 501OUS pent 3 win ME. I have a 2 gig hardrive I have no problem going on line, when I took my 2gig hardrive out and put a 40gig hardrive in my moden won't respond, I have reinstall the modem(US Robotics PCI Faxmodem includes V.92 and V.90 ITU standard technologies) physycly...

DVD Drive [ 6 Answers ]

Earlier I had a DVD-ROM drive ,I bought a Sony 52/24/52 Cd Writer and replaced the DVD with it making it the master drive now when I try to install the DVD as slave drive it gives me some error during boot about PCI which I think might have something to do with the audio cable from the DVD to the...

View more questions Search