Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fuhushturucu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2013, 04:29 PM
    What could be my random FPS drop problem?
    So I've had this laptop for about 2 - 2.5 years now and when I first bought it I was able to run Battlefield 3 and some other games on around High - Ultra High graphics settings with about a reasonable 50-60 fps. I have an i7 2.00GHz processor, 4 GB of ram and a graphics card; nvidia GTX 560M. Now for some reason I get about 30 fps and no higher than 40 on Battlefield 3 even when I play on the lowest settings possible even with the resolution down to 1650x1050 (the original was 1920x1080). I've tried cleaning the fans as much as I could, and have re-formatted my drive a couple of times to get rid of excess files/programs that might have been clogging the system up. All of the latest drivers are installed too but I really have no idea what might have happened. I was thinking that it may be because the GPU might be worn out due to excessive use over the past 2 years or so but I really need some ideas here. Even if I can't find a solution for this I really wish to know why this has happened so I could possible prevent it in the future if I can. Anything helps at this point! :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 13, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Do you have other programs you have picked up along the way that may be running resident when you turn on your laptop? Did you reinstall the games after you installed the new drivers etc? Have you rated your computer? Are there any yellow flags in device manager ?
    Fuhushturucu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 12:51 AM
    The answers are yes, no, no and no. When I first emptied out my hard drive, I deleted windows too and then re-installed windows on to the empty one so there isn't a possibility of having viruses or other resident programs. I only emptied my C drive (where windows was installed) and I just moved the games I wanted to keep to my D drive so no, I didn't have to re-install the games and didn't do so anyway.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 04:10 AM
    You might try reinstalling the games after you backed up and critical files that go with them. Also you need to make sure you rate windows as that can sometimes affect performance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best free addicting fps multiplayer games for PC [ 1 Answers ]

I all ready got bord of combat arms I need a new game

What's A Good Browser Fps ? [ 3 Answers ]

Do you know of any good Browser based Fps? I am looking for a couple of them :) thanks :)

A.O.Smith FPS 50 hot water heater burner won't light [ 0 Answers ]

The pilot light is lit but the burner won't light. The vent blower is running, the vent flapper valve is free to move and in the open position. If I tap the flapper valve shut for an instant, the burner lights. What position should the flapper valve be in when the burner is running?

Random restarts, serious errors, Ntfs.sys problem [ 23 Answers ]

Hi please would someone be able to help me I have a big computer problem but haven't much of a clue about computers. It started a couple of weeks ago when my computer would restart for no apparent reason whether on the internet, playing a game or doing anything really. When the computer...

Monitor problem-random no signal [ 12 Answers ]

Prior to reformatting my computer everything was fine with the screen. Now when I start my computer it takes about 5 times of turning it off and on before the screen picks up on it. It just says no signal until I repeat turning on and off the computer multiple times. I have tried 2 different...

View more questions Search