Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 3, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Fruit marinated chicken
    I have been doing this for many years, Marinate chicken parts in either Apple, Orange, Pineapple, or any combination for at least 24 hours. Then gently boil in the mix for a short time. Then cook in any way as you normally would, keeping in mind that the chicken has been boiled for a bit. The friut juice flavor WILL come through and you will love it.
    akez Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Sep 3, 2008, 12:01 PM
    :) hmmm, interesting. Are you using canned fruit for this? Cause I'm wondering why you would let it sit and then boil? Did I miss something... LOL
    -

Sep 3, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Friut juice,, I should have said. Frozen ones will be fine. The boiling after marinating will help the flavor to penitrate better.
    akez Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Sep 3, 2008, 12:07 PM
    To bad I couldn't buy lemons in a can.. LOL, what your favorite? What would you recommend?
    -

Sep 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by akez
    to bad I couldnt buy lemons in a can.. LOL, what your favorite? what would you recommend?
    You have to be mellow with the lemon. It's tricky. And NOT 24 hours.
    My favorite?
    Apple is sweet and mellow.
    Orange is tangy but not too much. Good Orange flavor.
    Pineapple is a combo of the both.
    The first time you try this, don't tell anyone. Just cook the parts as you normally do. Eyes will light up and ask you what the heck is this?? It really is tasty...
    -

Sep 3, 2008, 12:24 PM
    As far as that goes, the possibilties are endless. The secret I was expressing is that you need to marinate for 24 hours. I don't care if its Mango juice. Hey,, that sounds good.
    The point is, if you read these marinade bottles in the store. They usually say marinate for 2 to 4 hours. Why not 24 or 48? For chicken, 2 hours does nothing.
    Be creative, invent some kind of juice combo that will compliment your chicken. Add spices or whatever. If anybody finds or creates a killer sauce, do share...
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 03:29 AM
    Does the chicken not go rubbery?
    -

Sep 4, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Does the chicken not go rubbery??
    No it dosen't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chicken pox [ 2 Answers ]

My 17 year old has just come out with this, she has spots on every part of her body and even inside her mouth and ears, but the worst part for her is the pain from the spots between her legs, any help for her would be appreciated the poor girl I feel so sorry for her and can't do much, the camomile...

Is it Chicken pox? [ 12 Answers ]

My son is 4. He has been a little off colour for a while. Today when he came home from school he had a spot behind his ear. He got very hot and grumpy said he felt sick, and fell asleep on me. He woke up a couple of hours later still grumpy and I gave him some medicine. Then I noticed a few...

I'm chicken to tell a guy I like him [ 3 Answers ]

This guy I met at a basketball camp is really hot and I want to tell him I like him but I don't know how. PLZZ HELP ME ASAP!! :confused:

I'm chicken to tell a guy I like him [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to a basketball camp and tomorrows the last day. There is this guy who is a show off, but he is REALLY hot. I don't know how to tell him I like him. PLLZZZ HELP ME!! ASAP

View more questions Search