Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Dec 12, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer
    Who was the first person to offer Bella Swan help at school?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Perhaps it is Edward Cullen? The following is from Bella Swan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Twilight

As the first book opens, her mother is married to Phil Dwyer, a minor league baseball player who is much younger than she is. Phil travels a lot due to his profession, and Bella notices how much her mother wants to be with him while he travels. So, to make it easier for them, Bella moves back to her birthtown of Forks, Washington, to live with her father, Charlie Swan (or Chief Swan).

She enrolls at Forks High School and notices that boys are immediately attracted to her, although she dismisses the advances. She makes quite a few new friends, including Jessica Stanley, Angela Weber, and Mike Newton.

The one group of people at Forks High School that truly intrigues Bella are the Cullens, a mysteriously beautiful family, comprised of five adopted children. In particular, the youngest, the "impossibly handsome" Edward Cullen, captures her attention. At first, Bella is sure that he hates her — they are forced to sit next to each other in biology class, and he gives her a frightening look of loathing, then clenches his fists and grinds his teeth, not even glancing her way. Later on, she finds him in the office trying desperately to switch out of the class. Despite this strange behavior, Bella finds herself drawn to him, but still believes that he is trying to switch classes in order to avoid being near her, which puzzles and upsets her exceedingly.

After a week-long absence, Edward returns and speaks to Bella for the first time. He is pleasant and civil, and she notices that his eyes, which were jet black/onyx when she first met him, are now a beautiful shade of gold/topaz.

Shortly after, Edward saves her from being hit by an out-of-control van with what seemed like supernatural speed and strength. A suspicious Bella confronts him about it at the hospital, but he refuses to talk about it, reluctantly promising to 'explain later'. Bella soon starts having dreams about Edward. For several weeks, they do not talk to each other.

As the story progresses, Bella finds out from a family friend, Jacob Black, that the Cullens 'supposedly' are vampires, or, as they are referred to by Jacob's American Indian tribe (The Quileutes), "the Cold Ones". They are supposedly different from other vampires in substituting animal blood for human blood, refusing to hunt humans. The Cullens call themselves "vegetarians" because only drinking animal blood is like someone eating tofu instead of meat.

Even as Edward and Bella become romantically involved, it is hard for them to be together, because her blood "sings" to him. Although he does not drink human blood, Edward constantly lusts for it, and Bella's blood is especially tantalizing for him. The scent of her blood is so alluring that it causes him actual physical pain to be with her. He must control his desires at all times, and finds out to mild annoyance that his mind reading capabilities do not work with her.

Eventually, the two declare their love for one another and grow closer, asking each other questions and getting to know each other better. Edward introduces her to his family, and she is asked to watch their baseball game.

Danger reveals itself in the form of a visiting vampire coven led by James; a sadistic tracker vampire who has set his sights on killing Bella. Edward and his family save Bella and destroy James, although the other vampires of his coven, Victoria and Laurent, survive. Bella escapes death with broken ribs, multiple fractures and bruises and a permanent crescent-shaped scar on her hand where James had bitten her.

Although being bitten by a vampire would have changed Bella into a vampire, Edward drew out the venom before its effects could take place. Bella spends time in a hospital with Edward constantly by her side, where he admits that his sister Alice saw a vision of Bella becoming a vampire. However, he is determined to keep her human, despite her own determination to become a vampire. The reasons behind his intentions are not revealed in Twilight but is eventually revealed by Edward in Eclipse.

Edward takes Bella to the prom despite her broken leg and angry protests. And again, they confess their true love for each other. There are high levels of tension as book ends with Edward and Bella's differences of opinion about turning her into a vampire.
    Anita123rox123 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 02:42 AM
    Eric Yorkie introduces himself to Bella first and walks her to her next class I think
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 26, 2008, 02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita123rox123
    Eric Yorkie introduces himself to Bella first and walks her to her next class i think
    Perhaps... Hopefully, kepi will return to respond. This question is now quite old...
    Anita123rox123 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 02:57 AM
    I have just checked my copy of twilight and eric yorkie helps her first by offering her to show Bella the way to her next class. Its on page 14
    iloveLf221 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Jun 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Eric is the one who approaches her first, but Jessica Stanley was her first good friend.
    Sammi96 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 11:31 PM

Eric yorkie was the first person to offer help with the school but she replyed saying no I'm sort of the suffer in silence type

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Twilight Zone Episode name? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for an episode of 'The Twilight Zone' that I saw when I was a child. It's an episode from the late 80's or early 90's, so it's in color, here's the premise.. . A young couple is having financial difficulties when one day they get a knock on the door, it's a very old man(50's-70's). He...

Twilight Princess! [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the water temple just walking around going in circles trying to figure out where to go. I have got everything for the most part, all I need is the big key and then the boss. Please give me some help!

Twilight Zone [ 1 Answers ]

What band sings Twilight Zone and who is the lead singer?

Twilight zone [ 5 Answers ]

I remember that it was a movie from the twlight show.. I woman was outside gardening and she had found a wooden box and in it was a silverr necklace. She had discovered that when she would put it on and say the words SHUT UP everyone would freeze. So she went into the grocery mall and wanted the...

Twilight [ 3 Answers ]

Will altitude has an effect on , Astronomical , Nautical and Civil Twilight Thannk you.

View more questions Search