Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jul 10, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Wiggly left canine
    After a wrestling match during which my friend received a blow to the mouth by his opponent's knee, the left canine has been wiggly. Will it heal itself or will it fall out?

If it WILL fall out, what are our options? And around how much does each option cost? I was reading about a dental implant and was wondering about how much we would get charged in Northern California
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 09:48 AM
    It depends how wiggly the tooth is. Your friend should see a dentist to make sure the root hasn't fractured. If the root is intact then perhaps the dentist can splint the canine to the teeth on either side until it stablilizes. Does your friend not wear a sports guard when wrestling?
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jul 12, 2007, 12:42 AM
    He does not.
    And we will try and schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Thanks.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 06:22 AM
    No one should box or wrestle without a mouthguard! Please have him get one made ASAP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiggly bathroom faucet base [ 1 Answers ]

It seems nothing ever goes right! My husband and I bought a vanity/ sink and a faucet to go with it. After installing everything the faucet has some play in it. All pieces are put together correctly, but the design seems to be a bit faulty. Are there any tricks we can try to help stabilize...

Canine thyroid disease [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rottie for almost 12yrs now and just this year i seen that she is losing a lot of weight. I found out that she has canine thyroid disease and took her to the vet, but all he has given me are pills that are not helping she has come to the point where her bones are showing is it the disease...

Canine symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

Our 7 month old boxer has stopped eating, and is very lethargic? This started yesterday?

Canine Arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 13 yr old miniature beagle that, lately , has been suffering from arthritis. I was wondering if anyone knows any treatments that I can provide for her myself. I am aware of some of the medicinal treatments.

Canine Cavities [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever puppy.. and when he was teething during the last two months... some of his teeth we not loose enough to fall out on their own very easily... but eventually they fell out. One tooth in particular ( one of the upper canines ) did not fall out until it was almost...

View more questions Search