Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheSaladCaper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2005, 06:55 AM
    2 Six Week Old Kittens.. One Won't Eat!
    I recently acquired two six-week old kittens (or at least so I was told)... one of them, a female tabby, will eat wet food, and the other, a black male, won't eat at all... This is after a day and a half, and I am very worried now because he hasn't appeared to have eaten a single bite as of yet! And what I'm feeding them is kitten formula crunchy food, which I put some water on to make it soft. What should I be feeding him? :confused:
    Chelseabeeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 12:51 AM
    I had a 6 week old kitten do the same thing! She would eat a little bit a of kibble and then wouldn't eat anymore. After about 2 days she wouldn't eat anything.. I tried formula, wet kitten food, mixing her kibble and wet food, soaking the kibble.. everything! She was just waisting away.. I took her to the vet for fear of her life and they said she was being starved. I told them I had triend everything I could, they said she was just gobbling up the food they gave her in the back! I was so supprised! It was baby food!! All meat baby food, like the turkey, beef or chicken. I took her home baught some baby food and proceeded to feed that to her until she was about 13 weeks. Then all of a sudden, on her own, she just decided to take the kibble and never went back. It saved her life and she fattened right up!

Good luck if it hasent been to late considering this was about 2 months ago...
    -Chelsea
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Chelsaeabeeb. This may not help the previous poster but many people review these post, when they are faced with the same problem. Your post may help someone in the future:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if this cat had kittens? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am new here and I have been trying to find out some information about mother cats. I have recently started feeding a stray cat that seems to live in the woods behind my apartment building.She looks like she may have recently had kittens, but I have not seen them yet. I am not sure if she is...

Fleas Treatment for 2 week old kittens [ 9 Answers ]

My New Cat had her Kittens - 4 cute little ones, :D My question is how can I treat them to prevent fleas. I had a Flea collar on the mother until a few day before her litter was born(she got it off) And I was advise to take it off, to make sure it didn't harm the litter I am not sure, but I...

4 week old kittens... food? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey, As I have previously posted, my cat had kittens recently. They turned four weeks old today. I've been reading all over the intenet that I should be starting to introduce food to them. The only problem is... what kind? I know it should be soft... but after that I'm at a loss. Shuld I just...

Kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 kittens that will be 5 weeks on this Saturday they won't eat cat food yet is this right only one is drinking water but they are using the litter box can you give me some info please

7 week old GSD won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

We just brought home a 7-week old GSD and he has a wonderful temperament but he hardly eats at all during the day, vomited once (on the first full day that he was home), and has had nothing but diarrhea and urine come out of him. He also sleeps about 90% of the time during the day. We have been...

View more questions Search