Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swati722 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 06:34 AM
    My fear
    I'm going around with a guy... and we love each other a lot... wenever I'm with him... I feel as I'm in heaven... he cares a lot... and so do I... and we are very much attached to each other now... but sometimes... I have this feeling that whether we will have a happy ending or not?? because my father may oppose our relationship... I hardly talk to my boyfriend about this... coz he may feel low after listening...
    Plzzzzzzzz help... wats the best thing for me to do..? :confused:
    Mrs Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

May 30, 2007, 06:50 AM
    what age are you?

May 30, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs
    what age are you?
    I'm nineteen.. going to be twenty
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

May 30, 2007, 08:51 PM
    You're already thinking about marriage? How about just live in the present and not worry away about the future. There is no definite way to find out if you will happily marry and stay with this guy. Only time will tell, so don't rush anything and enjoy the moment.
    May I ask why your dad might object your relationship?
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

May 30, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Why do you think that your dad will oppose your relationship? How long have you been dating? If you are serious about someone, I find it hard to believe that you have not introduced him to your family. I also find it weird that you feel that you cannot communicate these feelings with your special guy. If you feel so close to him, then you would be able to tell him anything. I think that what you may be experiencing is infatuation/lust and not true love. Being 19, you may think that you know what being in love is, but do you really?

May 30, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom of 2
    Why do you think that your dad will oppose your relationship? How long have you been dating? If you are serious about someone, I find it hard to believe that you have not introduced him to your family. I also find it wierd that you feel that you cannot communicate these feelings with your special guy. If you feel so close to him, then you would be able to tell him anything. I think that what you may be experiencing is infatuation/lust and not true love. Being 19, you may think that you know wht being in love is, but do you really?
    no... its not like that... my mother,my bro knows about him and know him very well... and they are supporting me... but I don't know how my dad going to react... wen he comes to know about this??

May 30, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito
    You're already thinking about marriage? How about just live in the present and not worry away about the future. There is no definite way to find out if you will happily marry and stay with this guy. Only time will tell, so don't rush anything and enjoy the moment.
    May I ask why your dad might object your relationship?
    There can be status issues for my dad... thats my mother's opinion... and I also think the same...
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

May 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
    It's common for dads to be wary of their daughters boyfriends. It's the protective side of them showing. You're his little girl. That said, all he may really want is for you to be respected and treated well by him or any other boy.

Also. I think it would be much better if you tell your father about him than letting him find out another way. He may be hurt and a little suspicious of you both. Feeling like you're sneaking around behind him. Talk with your boyfriend about being nervous for the two of them to meet. He may be just as nervous and wondering why he hasn't met him yet.

Sit down with dad and tell him about your boyfriend. That he hasn't met him yet because you were a little nervous about the meeting. He'll understand that because at one time or another he was a boyfriend too. Right mom?

As for a happy ending, take each day as it comes. You're both young and have a long future a head of you. You have college and a lot of maturing to do before you decide to marry if that's your intention or hope. Marrying at 19 isn't always a good idea. You're just out of the starting gate with your life and marrying too young can lead to a very unhappy ending. I've seen it within my own family.
    Enjoy your time together without any pressures hanging over your head and worrying about what's to come next. If you're meant to be then it will happen.
    Happy endings are in fairy tales and life today is no fairy tale. Life is what you make of it.

May 31, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chippers
    It's common for dads to be wary of their daughters boyfriends. its the protective side of them showing. youre his little girl. that said, all he may really want is for you to be respected and treated well by him or any other boy.

also. I think it would be much better if you tell your father about him than letting him find out another way. he may be hurt and a little suspicious of you both. feeling like youre sneaking around behind him. talk with your boyfriend about being nervous for the two of them to meet. he may be just as nervous and wondering why he hasn't met him yet.

sit down with dad and tell him about your boyfriend. that he hasn't met him yet becuase you were a little nervous about the meeting. he'll understand that because at one time or another he was a boyfriend too. right mom?

as for a happy ending, take each day as it comes. youre both young and have a long future a head of you. you have college and a lot of maturing to do before you decide to marry if thats your intention or hope. marrying at 19 isn't always a good idea. youre just out of the starting gate with your life and marrying too young can lead to a very unhappy ending. I've seen it within my own family.
    enjoy your time together without any pressures hanging over your head and worrying about what's to come next. If youre meant to be then it will happen.
    happy endings are in fairy tales and life today is no fairy tale. life is what you make of it.
    Thankx a lot... I will try your advice but not this early... 1 or 2 years later
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

May 31, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Why are you so scared of your dad? Apparently your parents are divorced, otherwise how can you keep this a secret from him but not your mom and brother. Yes, your parents gave you life and you need to respect them, but believe me, you can't let them dictate to you what you do for the rest of your life. This is codependent behavior and is very unhealthy. Codependency means that you are constantly looking to another person for approval/reassurance. Unless your boyfriend is abusing you, then you can't allow your family to dictate who you date. If you really care for this person, hold your head up high and be proud of him and your relationship. Don't be living in fear. Good luck
    pussycatdolls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by swati722
    im going around with a guy.......and we love each other a lot........wenever im with him...i feel as im in heaven.........he cares a lot....and so do i.........and we are very much attached to each other now........but sometimes.....i have this feeling that whether we will have a happy ending or not???coz my father may oppose our relationship......i hardly talk to my boyfriend abt this.....coz he may feel low after listening...
    plzzzzzzzz help.......wats the best thing for me to do.......??????:confused:
    If you really love this guy and he loves you both of you should be able to talk about this.
    Don't worry most people in the early stages may feel like this if this feeling of fear about your relationship doesn't pass you may seriously have to think about your relationship. Please talk to your boyfriend if he feels the same as you he will reasure you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fear of addiction [ 28 Answers ]

OK this isn't so much about addiction but the fear of a close friend of mine getting addicted (more then a friend actually... long story and we may be going out) to cocain and or E. it started like 2 days ago she told me she wants to do coke which scares me allot I've trayed to explain to her not...

Still fear him [ 2 Answers ]

When I was a child 8 to 13 I was getind raped by my aunts boyfriend.Now I fear everyman.even my husband. He took what meant the most to me. I'm scared to go out I'm scared to be alone. My mom never did put him in jail and I see him allmost everyday of my life and all I know to do is cry and I...

I have fear [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There,I Love One Sister From Our Church,but The Time I Want To Propose Her, Fear Comes Along And I Will Start Talking About Godly Things.when We Part I Will Be Frusrated And Blaming Myself.while Im Alone I Will Think On How To Say I Love You,but When We Meet Fear Comes Again.what And How Should...

Fear? [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but if I walk into a room with a ceiling fan that I going, I just freeze up, my heart starts pounding, and I have to literally force myself out of the room. If I am in the room, and the fan is not on, I'm fine, but as soon as someone turns it on, I practically run out of...

Fear [ 16 Answers ]

1. What is fear? 2. What causes fear? 3. What are some physical signs of fear? 4. How do you get over fear? This can be just general scientific answers or personal answers. I need someone else's points of view. :confused:

View more questions Search