Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    res1ycnq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Mother's Estate with Uncle
    My mother owned a home in FL and listed my uncle as a tenant in common. She passed away last year w/o a will. So basically my uncle is listed as the first owner and the estate is the second owner. My uncle is willing to let me buy out his share of the home for the amount he put into it. I am currently in the process of becoming the estates personal representative, but I need to know how to get my name on the deed since I cannot make any changes (i.e. homeowner's insurance, re-fi). Any suggestions as to how I should proceed. Unfortunately, I do not have expendable cash.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
    If you become the personal representative you can make any changes that have to be done to the insurance and the such.

Who ever will inherit the estate will inherit and the probate judge will issue a order to do a new deed adding the person who inherits to the deed.

So when you legally inherit from the esate you get your name added.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing Uncle in Pa. [ 1 Answers ]

My Uncle was beat up in a robery in Wilkes Barre, Pa. and put into a "home" I think it's Amberview Pa. 19560 this is only hearsay I have tried to locate him to no avail. His name is DONALD RAY HECK... I now live in Florida and would like to find him PLEASE HELP... THANK YOU......

My uncle and grandfather [ 5 Answers ]

Last year in July my uncle passed away, and now I can't seem to stop thinking about what he must have been thinking. He was out on the crab boat and fell off, he didn't know how to swim and all I can think about now is what he must of saw, looking up at the boat it makes me want to cry. He was only...

Mother's Estate [ 1 Answers ]

My Mother passed away this past April leaving me a small amount of money in her will and leaving everything else to her 7 year old grandson. How long does it take for probate and my sister is threatening that I won't receive a dime. What should I do?

My uncle & Bad chest pains. [ 4 Answers ]

My uncle was rushed into hospital this morning from work because he was having really bad chest pains. He is having tests done and I am having to wait by the phone for any news. I am really worried about him and finding it hard to concentrate. I asked my Mum what it could be and she said it...

Uncle Albert's Mysterious Island Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone give clues to this game or where to find some online. This is a PC/MAC game. ?

View more questions Search