Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShaunaYoung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 02:51 PM
    Blood leaking from nipples
    I am 27 weeks pregnant and I started leaking colostrum a little over a month ago. My left side is clear like it is suppose to be but on my right breast I am leaking blood. It is bright red and is sore. I have heard of people leaking once they are breastfeeding but this is my first pregnancy. It is coming from a gland because when I press on my upper right breast blood comes out of my nipples. Of course it leaks periodically without any pressure as well. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I am wanting to breastfeed so I am a little nervous. Any help would be great. I had an ultra-sound done on Thurs. and I see a surgeon tomorrow.
    Reatha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 11:11 PM
    Wow I think seeing the Dr. is the best answer anyone could give you, God Bless
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Yes, Shauna, I agree with the answer you got above. It is time to contact your doctor and pronto!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nipples leaking? [ 8 Answers ]

Okay this morning I didn't have time to shower so I just knelt over the bathtub and washed my hair, resting my chest on a folded towel. When I stood up to brush my teeth, I noticed in the mirror that my new bra had a "wet" looking dot on each breast. Then I realized the dots were exactly where my...

Hair around nipples, on chest, face [ 6 Answers ]

How common is it for women to have a lot of hair around their nipples (percentage)? On their chest? As I have gotten older (I'm now 42), I have gotten a lot of hair in these places, and I am also getting longer (but very thin) hair on my upper lip and more and more little black hairs on my chin....

Recent miscarriage, now no period and sore nipples but negative hpt... [ 1 Answers ]

I miscarried 4 weeks ago and had a d&c I have had sensitive nipples for the last 10 days and I just have a feeling that I am pregnant. I have been extremely tired and very emotional and moody and irritible, I have had 3 experiences of stomach cramps last week. I have taken a hpt but it came back...

Sore nipples [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone - I've been having this problem for the past few years. The thing is that every time I wear a cotton shirt or just every shirt I start to get soar nipples. This morning I put on a shirt after my shower. It was approx. 6 hours ago. Now my nipples hurt like hell every time...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search