Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunter804714 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Helping my dog eat.
    Well she is about 9 1/2 months old, she is a mix of poodle and yorkie, she weighs about 4 1/2 pounds, we have tried switching foods many times but its not the food, and its not that she won't eat it's that she won't eat when we put the food out then we have to hand feed her and that gets hard because then what if somebody forgets then will she eat. So the thing is not that she won't eat, it's that she won't eat it then and in her bowl.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 11:02 PM

You can't hand feed her. Just leave her food down. She will eat it when she gets hungry. She is not going to starve when there is food available.

Tick
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 05:36 AM
    I've been through this many, many times.
    Don't hand feed her! By starting to feed her by hand you have basically said to her right... you are the boss, I'll do what you want when it should be the other way around.
    Try warming her food up a little... make sure it is broken up into small enough pieces she can eat easily and even add something like a small amount of chicken mixed through it.

If she still refuses to eat after a whole day without being hand fed hand feed her but each time you give her a piece move closer to the bowl until you are just touching the food and that should get her used to eating out the bowl again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How should I go about helping a friend. [ 5 Answers ]

OK, so I have this friend. She's my best friend, we're both 21 now and we've been friends since early grade school. There is a situation going on now and as ridiculous as it kind of sounds, I'd appreciate some serious feedback. There was this guy she had a small crush on. She met him through one...

Helping my son [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 26 year old son, who has had a less than favorable childhood, served 4 years in the Marines ( 1 which was served in Iraq) , got out about 6 months ago and is on a downward spiral. He definitely has a drinking problem and emotional problems that go back to his childhood and his less than...

Helping with ED [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has ED from time to time. Usually doesn't have a problem with it, but the times that he does it make him feel aweful. Is there something I can do as his girlfriend to help him out with this, other than medication?

Does God stop helping? [ 10 Answers ]

I am 15 and Ive been a christain pretty much since I was born. But about two years ago I started doing bad things, thinking that I could just start worshop the lord when I get older. Soon I figured out that wasn't the way to go so I started worshoping the lord again, but about a month later I went...

Helping take down the walls. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, been a while, I have a friend I've known her a very VERY long time Anyway, she's going through some horrible boygirl stuff at the moment, the person she really wants doesn't want her.. so she's suffering the old heartbreak hotel and feeling like she can't live without this person.. ...

View more questions Search