Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keschy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2004, 05:59 PM
    Help with fighting kittens
    I have 3 kittens, 2 females and 1 male. They are all 3 months old and from the same litter. The male was sick for 2 weeks and was not allowed to be near the females. Today the vet gave me the go ahead to put them all together again. I was expecting a happy reunion, but that's not what happened! 1 of the females is getting along fine with the male but the other one can't stand to be around him. She hisses and growls at her brother and runs away or hides when he is near her. She is also hissing and growling at her sister which I just don't understand.
    I assumed that since they are litter mates they would all be so happy to be together again! Could this have anything to do with a new pecking order? Is it a gender thing? Maybe it will be better once they are spayed? I would really appreciate any input on this, I don't know what to do. Thanks!
    Steevo Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2004, 02:00 AM
    I'm guessing that since they are so young 2 weeks apart is like a lifetime for them so maybe this new cat coming into their lives is seen as a threat.

Try keeping the male near them but out of sight and handle one then the other.. back and forth for a day or two then let the others see but not touch the male then after a day or two give them little bits of food near each other slowly bringing them closer to each other through placement of the food.

Food is a great comforter for domesticated animals.. they need to know their food source is not under threat, feeding bits to all of them at the same time can help to reassure them.

This method worked when we introduced our new 12 week old kitten to our 4 month old kitten.. their was heaps of hissing, growling and carrying on but they got the hang of it, now they are quite civil to one another.

Good luck.

Steve
    Stuart J Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 06:17 AM
    Hi
    I recently bought a Black cat for my girlfriend in September he is now 12 weeks old and we recently decided to get him a playmate so we bought a 8 week old black and white female.
    Its strange because while she pounces on him playfully he treats it as a proper attack and starts to claw her and bite the scruff of her neck.
    He also attacks her without provocation and it's a constant babysitting job trying to separate them.
    I've tried aversion with him by spraying him with water whenever he attacks her and have been for three days but it just doesn't seem to be working.
    Can anyone offer any help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Fighting Divorce [ 5 Answers ]

If you don't want a divorce can you just not sign papers? What happens? I just wonder if you can say that you are not giving them a divorce.

Fighting cravings [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just wondering how you fight the cravings. I am trying to stay healthy, maybe lose a little weight but I am having a terrible time trying to fight these cravings. Any ideas? Any advice? AnyTHING? Please... I'm getting desperate! :eek:

Another Bathroom is needed... The boys are fighting to use the bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

First, thank you for having this kind of forum. Now also let me say that I'm not well versed in the plumbing lingo so hopefully you will be patient with my questions. I live in a 3 levels home (Basement, Main, Upstairs) with the existing bathroom is on the main floor. I'm planing to add...

Blue Security Spam Fighting [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone else here uses Blue Frog for spam and if you have found that you are getting any less spam. For those who don't know what it is basically you can report your spam to the Blue Security group and they hammer the spammer's website's with opt out requests on your behalf. ...

View more questions Search