Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    risicupman Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2004, 07:20 AM
    What do I do??
    Ok I have a problem...
    One of my friends introduced me to this one girl that he met awhile ago.  He gave me her AOL screenname and we have been talking for hours the whole week.  I also called her a few times too. We both started to really like each other, even though we had not seen each other yet .  It seems like we have a lot in common and I don't think I have met a nicer person. A few days ago, we decided to go to the movies to meet each other in person.  It went OK, but I didn't really feel anything.  I think it is because she didn't look as good as I hoped. Also, it was my first date I ever had and I don't know if I was just too nervous to enjoy myself.

I feel bad because I feel like I'm judging her by her looks, because we were really connecting when we were talking before we met each other.

My question is what you think I should do?  Should I try and go with her again and see how it goes the 2nd time?  Should I just say we should just be friends? Anything else?

I would really appreciate any kind of advice or opinions!
    Thanks
    mtybaldone Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2004, 07:36 AM
    Re: What do i do??
    You can't deny physical attraction, it is part of the equation, though it should not be the deciding factor. I would say that you should go back out with her at least one more time, but do something that is a bit more interactve than going to t a movie. You started to like this girl because of your conversations, so do something which gives you the opportunity to talk. If you still feel nothing, then end it.
    There are two lessons here:
    One, always get a picture first. I once drove four hours to meet a girl I'd met online, only to find that she wasn't anything close to the girl I thought she was. It bothered me for sometime that this person I had been picturing in my mind didn't exist. I was listening to the voice I liked, but the face, well the physical side of things stopped the relationship from going forward.
    Two: Meeting someone online or over the phone is exciting, because they are who you imagine them to be, and that is usually means an attractive person to go with the attractive personality. They are almost always wonderful people because the contact mediums allow them to be whoever they really want to be and they are not hung-up on the sort of insecurities which stop them when they meet in person. Also, one of the truths of the world, is that unattractive people often have better personalities than attractive people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search