I agree with Cat1864. My mom and I have a similar relationship and I am 33. I've always had a mind of my own and I grew up in an environment that believed in extreme control both at home and at church. It's possible that your mother just does not "get" you. I know that is the case with my mom.
Did your dad favor you? If so that may be one of the reasons your mom seems to resent you. What are some of the other details in this situation?
With the amount of info, I'll just say this, our parents behave towards us in a manner that makes them feel comfortable. It may not be the way we would like but we cannot control that. It's possible your mom is intimidated by you and wants to break your spirit in order to feel powerful. Who knows?
Here is how I handle my mom:
1. Agree with everything she says.
2. If I absolutely cannot agree with something, stay quiet and just let her talk.
3. When the conversation gets uncomfortable I say, "something just came up, let me call you later."
4. Don't try to make her feel bad if she does not call. She will only gloat (on the inside) and use this as a control tactic because she knows it is a weak spot with you.
5. Remember all of the orphans who do not have mothers. Yours may not be perfect but at least you have one.
6. Remember that you can only control your own actions. Be the best that you can be according to your own since of morality and allow your mom to make her own choices... good or bad.
Moms aren't perfect but neither are we. Love and forgive your mom for your own sake and focus on the positive things that are happening in your life.
I wish you continued success in your life's journey!