Okay, I've been thinking forever about this, and have no clue what to do!! I have just found out that my best friend has been dating a married man for the past month. She is 20, and he is 40. We are in college, and she plans to be going to law school in a year. This man that she has been seeing, and his wife, are owners of a group of very successful fitness centers. They have two children, ages 9 and 14.

My friend and this man are very involved, taking trips and going out every other night! She claims that they are in love, and he keeps telling her that he will soon reach a decision between her or his wife (only he has been saying this for 3 weeks now)! I think that he is just saying that to keep her on the line. She even said that she will pass up law school at her school of choice, just to stay closer to him!

I have such a hard time with this because when I was 12 years old, my father was having an affair that lasted 2 years, until the divorce, without us knowing. He would put us off, "work long hours", and constantly break promises. I have been seeing this man do the same to his kids. When he is supposed to take them out to dinner and to a movie, he grabs them fast food, and drops them off at the movie theater (by themselves! ).

I would like to make an anonymous phone call to his wife and tell her that her husband is having an affair (not mention names or anything), but I don't know if that's what I should do. I am thinking more of the welfare of her and her children especially... but it's so confusing...

So, should I stay out of their business, or should I call?