Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbroussard Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 03:34 PM
    208 single phase
    Can I get 208 single Phase through a 120/240 generator or through the electric company
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2007, 01:31 AM
    True 208 volt is only available from a three phase service, which is available from the utility. To get it from a 120/240 volt genset you will need a transformer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single Phase 208? [ 7 Answers ]

Greetings, I'm about to purchase a Suspended unit heater for a carpentry shop. I'd like to use a service I previously used for a table saw, being 208v 30A, (2 hots at 120(120degs opposed) and a ground). The fixtures I'm looking at, in the catalog, state that they are Single/3 phase 208 or Single...

Three phase vs. Single phase [ 3 Answers ]

What benefits would you have running a three phase service as opposed to running single phase.

3 Phase vs. Single Phase [ 8 Answers ]

I am struggling with the difference between 3-phase and single phase and the advantages/disadvantages to both. Could someone help me with this, or point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

3 phase 208 volt/120 volt .load [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a commercial espresso machine which has a 220 line. My existing electrical box is a 3 phase 208 volt/120 volt. Would this be sufficient to handle this?? Thank you

Single phase motor [ 1 Answers ]

A washing machine is driven by a single phase fractional motor. What makes it run reverse foreword?

View more questions Search