Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rd68 Posts: 122, Reputation: 10

May 16, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Changing Motors
    I want to change a 16 HP ridingmower engine over to another frame the other frame is a polen and the frame it's on is a murry,and how much work will it be to switch over.Or should I just swap decks.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 06:15 PM
    The poulan and murray are different brands, so the deck wouldn't just swap easily. Just unbolt the engine, and pull the wires off, and swap it to the other frame and hook it back up. The wiring shouldn't be much different. What brand engine?

May 17, 2006, 09:32 AM
    Thanks for the answer I really do thank you.I will do the engine change and hopefully start mowing my yard again soon.And again thanks.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 06:10 PM
    One thing to remember, the pulley stack pulleys may be smaller or bigger. But of course you can measure and compare them.

May 21, 2006, 06:00 AM
    Thanks everything matched up except the wireing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing Last Name [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I are planning to get married within the next year. However, neither of us wish to keep our current last name. Is it possible to create a new last name at the time of marriage and if so where could I find more information? We are living in Indianapolis, IN. I am a citizen and my...

Changing IP address [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change my IP address?

Changing OS, ME to XP? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I am considering finally getting ME off my system and going to XP. My system runs pretty good ( I try to keep it as clean and lean as possible) except for all the ME quirks that are well known: error screens, restarts, improper shutdows, software conflicts, etc. I was going to wait...

Changing beliefs [ 26 Answers ]

I am 26 and Jewish. I was raised partially by my family but mostly in several foster homes, with each one being of a different religious persuasion. First I was in a home where I went to a Chabad school (orthodox jews). In this home, we prayed and studied the torah every day, kept glatt kosher, I...

View more questions Search