Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    musacm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2004, 01:27 AM
    Blank screen at start up
    Hi, I recently swopped hardware of a P133 PC with that of a P200 PC.
    What I really changed was the processor of the p200 and move a hard/dr from a P100. After connected properly, the screen just became blank.

I have checked the memory modules, the h/d and all. Could the processors be dead? But now both PCs give me a blank screen, though the monitor is working because it is working on my other computer.

Please help
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2004, 09:26 PM
    Re: Blank screen at start up
    Hay Musacm, and hello to all, I'v been to far places like in AMHD, but now I'm back, OK to answer your question:

Do you hear even a slight turn from your HD -hard drives- ? When you switch HD your PC needs to configure to all the new hardwear, it just might be too much

So let me get this stright, you switched proccessors
    P133 for the P200 Motherboard and visaversa with the P200 into the P133 Motherboard, which from now will be referred to as "MB", "system board" or "mighty moth hunter of mither" I preffer **MB** anyway, one thing that you have to know is that simply swithing HD won't lead to blank screens you should still see, the POST -Power on self test- where you might see the BIO -basic input/ output- of a video card and your system bios - which we will now refer to as "botty".
    If you don't see botty at the start up and you don't hear your HD grinding away nicely then the only concushion I can come to is the frying of the prossessors.

Don't dispare fryed prossessors make lovely paperweights. :P

MagikPoo needs More input!!!
    You have to give me all the info of both PC's
    1. OS operating system on each HD
    2. type of prossessors - I know Duh! You never know
    3. video config e.g.. Onboard or in slot
    4. type of slots they are in
    5. type of monitor
    6. shoe size "thats for the ladies, he he he..."
    7. any more helpful titbits that might help me to stop typeing.

MagikPoo OUT YO!!

Jul 13, 2004, 05:34 AM
    Hey MagiPoo, I hear turns in Hard drive, one h/d: win 95 and the other win 98. Processors, both Intel (MMX for 133) and nothing specified for the other except Intel.

Both Video cards are inslot PCI. ;D

Old Monitor (Tatung); don't remember the model, but worked fine before the swop and is still working on my P1-200 and on my P4.
    The motherBoard of the other has plenty Intel Chips and the other has Generic chips.

I just spoke to someone who suspected the both motherboards and/or the chips might be dead. But I still want to try.?
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2004, 12:44 PM
    Hay musacm,
    Sorry it took for ever to anwer you, but its always bizzzy in NJ
    It seems like everyone wants everything right now?
    What's up with that?

Anyway - back to your problem,
    Try anyway, if you can salvage some parts go a head but make sure that those motherboards are rated for that prossor, Oh the only prossessor that I'm talking about is the big one with the fan on it, you do have the fans running while your swaoppin things around right?

I still think you have the intel PII Paperweights, sorry
    Oh can you be more specific e.g..
    Board 1 has ----blah blah blah on it
    Board 2 has ----blah blah poo yahoo00.. on it
    Etc etc etc..
    I'll try to be mor promped next time.

Jul 26, 2004, 03:39 AM
    ;)
    Hi, MagikPoo. Thanks for trying to help, dude. The real problem has been found. It was the CD-ROM. It is not working at all and thus is destroying my system. I found the real problem on Fri (23th) though I didn't check what is going on with the other Computer.

Now I'm sure the processors are working because I checked both though not on both motherboards.

A CD-ROM causing a problem for the whole PC; is new to me.
    :) ;) :D

Removing all components and adding them to the m/b one-by-one helped.

Cheers, everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor screen blank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension XPS-B533r. The PC starts, but beeps three times. The power button on the PC is not lit but the fan is running and there is an orange light on the cpu that is lit. The monitor turns on but the screen remain black. The status light on the monitor is flashing green. The monitor...

Blank Screen at start up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I have recently upgraded my PC at home and built it all myself in my existing case. I offered my friend my old parts etc. and I offered to build him a PC out of the old parts (seeing as I had been so successful with my PC :confused: ). All that has been added that is new is a HDD &...

Blank screen on start up [ 3 Answers ]

OK... I built my comp w/ a iwill kd266 & amd tbird 1.1 ghz I recently opened to add a dvd drive and when I reconnected everything and turned it on, the screen remains blank... 512 mb SDRAM 80 gb hd 52x CD-Rom 16x DVD-Rom 48x CD-RW ati radeon 7000 64 mb pci soundblaster 5.1 belkin 10/100...

Blank screen [ 3 Answers ]

While on the internet my computer froze up and when I did control alt delete my screen went blank with all wavy lines. I shut the machine off and sbooted up again only to get the blank screen with wavy lines. No matter what I try I cannot get to my desktop. Can anyone help? :eek:

Blank screen at start-up [ 2 Answers ]

At each cold start, the screen remains blank. Only after two restarts or resets, screen comes up and everything works correctly.? Have put in another videocard (GF2) and then monitor display came up at first try. Then tried my videocard (GF4Ti4200) in another PC and worked properly as well....

View more questions Search