Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Jul 11, 2009, 05:03 AM
    My Yahoo Page Has Changed
    I donīt know if I clicked on something by mistake but my Yahoo page has changed on my desktop but on my laptop itīs the same as itīs always been. How can I get the old style page back on my desk top?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 05:08 AM

Are the two pages pointed to exactly the same URL (address)? If they are not, you can browse for the correct URL (or copy it from the laptop). Then, if you use Internet Explorer, click on TOOLS | INTERNET OPTIONS | USE CURRENT (button) and that will fix it. If it's something else, you'll have to explain exactly what's changed.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 05:09 AM

Mine has too. I wish that I knew how to get it back!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    mine has too. i wish that I knew how to get it back!
    Did you try what I just explained? If you have, what (exactly) are the differences?

Are you going to http://www.yahoo.com? There is a "button" labeled "Page Options". Click on that and tell me what comes up underneath it (apparently it varies for different types of accounts). I click on mine and it says "Want More Ways to Customize Your Home Page?". Click on that. These are two different Yahoo pages. The second one goes to "http://my.yahoo.com". They are different pages.

At http://my.yahoo.com, there are lots of buttons allowing you to customize the page. You'll probably have to set your home page to this location (like I mentioned a few messages above), and then customize it to your desires.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jul 11, 2009, 05:14 AM
    Yahoo has changed the design of their homepage. Currently you can use either one. There should be a button somewhere on the page to revert to old layout. But that is probably temporary. My guess is that at some point the new page will be the only one available.

Jul 11, 2009, 12:56 PM

Walt that was what I was thinking but I can´t find the button. I also wonder why it is opening with the old page on my laptop. Perito when I click on your link I get the new page. I´m not referring to "my yahoo". What I don´t like about the new page is there is an extra step to get to my mail. You have to look at a page full of Yahoo stuff before the mail sign in appears.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jul 11, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Pregunta, When the page changed on my computer there was a button to revert back. I have been trying to recreate the page problem to check it. But now I can't get to then new page design. Anyway... since it is only on one of your computers that suggests the difference is on your computer instead of a Yahoo server. Try deleting cookies on your desktop and see if that helps.

Jul 11, 2009, 08:26 PM

Walt that´s a good idea I´ll try it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Huge Word Doc Too Many Page Sizes - Unable to Change Page Setup [ 8 Answers ]

Windows Vista Microsoft Word 2003 SP3 I've a 298 page word doc which was created by: a) scanned into a PDF document b) using Abbyy FineReader Optical Character Recognition OCR software I turned it into a Word Doc Now, the problem is that while the majority of the Word Doc has paper set to...

F1 OPT to H1 - Changed companies, Changed States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is as follows: OPT with company 1 in Texas from Dec 10 2006 - September 30 2007 H1 with company 1 in Texas from Oct 1 2007 - Nov 15 2007 H1 with company 2 in Maryland from Nov 15 2007 till date. What tax forms do I fill? I also have state tax from company 2 since that...

Yahoo page [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost my Yahoo page and when I go to internet explorer it says this page cannot be displayed, also I lost my Yahoo address bar,

My Yahoo password was changed... [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody, please help me for my Yahoo password was maybe hacked. Is der oder way to recover my Yahoo account? :eek:

View more questions Search