vintage Brother sewing machine

Asked May 5, 2008, 10:49 AM 19 Answers
    I have a vintage Brother machine that my husband restored for me and it is in a carrying case that originally had flowery gotty fabric covering a solid wooden case. The machine is electric and doesn't look to be converted. It's a mint green color with a white stripe down the center of the top. It has a silver sticker with an imprint of "apr59" stamped on it. (located on electric box part) so I assume this is the manufacturing date? I am not interested in value, I just have an interest in collecting vintage machines, and since my husband found this and restored the wood case for me, and made an effort in the reviving of this machine, it has given it sentimental value. I just don't know how to find info on it. Can someone help me? Pics attached

Last edited by puppylove2145; May 5, 2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: picture attached
    LouNLA9115's Avatar
    LouNLA9115 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

#11

Apr 22, 2009, 05:40 AM
    On the TOP of the yellow part of my machine it says, PRECISION SEWING MACHINE only. On the inner side of the sewing machine near the DROP FEED setting it reads:

HA3B5 MODEL 60
    STREAMLINER BROTHER

Does yours?
    camiangel's Avatar
    camiangel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#12

Apr 24, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Mine says Streamliner across the top arm, and I am pretty sure it says the same numbers as yours, I will get it out of storage and let you know. I think it is so weird how you can't find any information on this thing just because it was manufactured in another country...
    phne's Avatar
    phne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#13

Jul 23, 2009, 08:40 PM
    I juat got an old brother sewing machine from my Grandmother, supposedly around 1953. It has quite a few more buttons than the ones pictured above. I ave been searching for manuals for it, or some sort of original things for it but have come up empty handed so far. It says Brother Select-O-Matic and it's model HZ3-B1
    kranky41's Avatar
    kranky41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#14

Aug 26, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phne View Post
    I am cleaning out my basement and have come across a manual for HZ3-B1 and some of the attachments in the original tins.
    phne's Avatar
    phne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#15

Aug 26, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kranky41 View Post
    Is there anyway that I could get them from you? If so please email me at cjbird4@gmail.com
    jujuvoodoo's Avatar
    jujuvoodoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#16

Nov 6, 2009, 01:58 PM
    I have a very similar machine but its thicker at the trunk where the needle is.it was in the tacky carry trunk that fell apart on me.mystery on the year on mine as well,mine has more of a light blue color than green,will send pics soon, any idea how to set it up?mine seems to be in working order except something I am doing wrong with the threading .I love this machine!
    megan84's Avatar
    megan84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#17

Mar 5, 2010, 12:33 PM
    I was searching for information about MY vintage brother sewing machine and found a site that sells owners manuals (right after reading this!). I think that yours is Item Number: bo-296, let me know if that helps!
    megan84's Avatar
    megan84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#18

Mar 5, 2010, 12:37 PM

I was searching for info on MY brother vintage machine (with FULL cabinet) stumbled onto this, the NEXT site that I found was about instruction manuals. I think you have Item Number: bo-296, try looking it up and see if it is a match!
    ffoklacity's Avatar
    ffoklacity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#19

Jun 6, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LouNLA9115 View Post

HA3B5 MODEL 60
    STREAMLINER BROTHER

Does yours?
    Hi, mine does. It is Teal and the motor date is stamped "APR58"
    HA3B5 MODEL 60
    STREAMLINER BROTHER
    Like most on this forum I can't find anything about it. I desperately need a manual for this machine, and would take anything... photocopied, scanned... please help. Thanks ffoklacity@gmail.com
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,681, Reputation: 1647

#20

Jun 6, 2010, 05:47 PM
    This thread is now very old and archived. As such, it's no longer recognized as being on the currently active list of threads.

If you have a new question, please start a new thread if you would like for your question to be recognized as being your own and also for it to be noticed the most.

This thread is now CLOSED.

Sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a singer model 457 I can not get the needle to pick up bobbin thread

Anique sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find out what an old sewing machine is worth.

Value of Raymond Sewing Company Foot Pedal Sewing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I am in possession of a Raymond Company foot pedal operated Sewing machine and I am wondering roughly what it may be worth. I believe it is from the late 1800's.

Old sewing machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old black electric sewing machine in wooden cabinet with the brandname UNIVERSAL (made in Japan). I do not know how old it is but would like to know how to find a manual for it and also an estimate of the value. I have been unable to find any info on this brand anywhere. Please help

Domestic Sewing Machine No. 69 - Vintage 1919 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Domestic "69" Rotary Family Sewing Machine vintage 1919. It was manufactured by the Domestic Sewing Machine Company, Buffalo, NY. It has several spare parts and a large needle box with an assortment of needles. It is mounted on a wood cabinet that has a swing-up top that then raises the...