Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mygalmal14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Cutler Roll tops.. where is the most common location of Cutler stamp on the piece
    Just today I started my research on my desk.. Up until a couple of hours ago I had never heard of Abner Cutler and Cutler Desk Co. of Buffalo, NY.

I purchased a roll top desk at an antique dealer (not one of those fancy shops) in Charlestown, SC almost 40 years ago.. it looks very much like a picture of a desk I saw on line.. It has the beautiful raised side panels and I also have the back panel that at the present time is not attached.. the door pulls are just very simple wood pulls the width of each drawer; The measurements are as follow: 45"W x48 3/4H x 31"deep. There has been no restoration to the wood.. I think it's the original finish and has darkened with age.. Up until late last year the roll top worked perfectly but I think that the canvas finally gave way.. WouId it be to my advantage to have that repaired? I was thinking of giving the piece away because I'm down sizing and it's a very large and heavy piece; but if it has value other than my attachment , I may rethink the gifting.. In these times it's difficult to make ends meet..

I Would appreciated any help that you might be able to offer in my efforts to verify it's authenticity..

SLW/RI

Check out some similar questions!

Cutler Hammer Load Center? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a (e84aan) linit switch is the same as a (e84ban).

Grounding in a cutler hammer panel [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add a circuit to a CH breaker box. None of the branch wires currently in place have a ground. The new one will be outside and I wish to use a GFI outlet. How do I ground the outlet?

Cutler roll top desk [ 1 Answers ]

How can I tell if this is the genuine article?

Cutler Hammer vs GE, for new 200amp service? [ 9 Answers ]

My GE box is full and I got a quote for a new 200AMP service box, new weather head and line down the house (about 70 feet),a 40 circuit 200 amp panel, ground and bonding all would be new, etc. Price comes in close to a $1000, the company uses Cutler Hammer boxes, but can get me a GE box for an...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.