Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meghan89 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 06:00 PM
    How can I tell if my Vintage powder jar is a reproduction or real?
    I found a 'Vintage' crystal satin glass Elephant powder jar. And I'm not sure how to tell if its real or fake. I keep finding pictures that look just like it and there selling for about $100 to $150. I read somewhere that I should watch for Molding lines. I don't know what that is. Will someone please help me.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 06:34 PM

Molding lines would feel like a raised edge and sometimes are sharp. You can usually see or feel them where a seam would be from a casting / mold.
    Meghan89 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 09:39 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Oh darn. That means mine is a reproduction. There is one on top of the elephant. I don't know if its sharp. Sharp compared to what lol. But its definatley there. And there's some really dull ones on the sides of the jar. You almost can't see them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is phot grade hydroquinone powder the same as the skin lightening powder? [ 7 Answers ]

Is hydroquinone powder that is used for skin lightening the same kind used for photo development?. because if so there is a seller on eBay selling it by the pound for SUPER CHEAP! $17 and... 250 grams for $10 or so... and $7 shipping... I wanted to buy some but before I do and then it is the wrong...

Reproduction [ 2 Answers ]

Why is reproduction necessary?

View more questions Search