Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UicSam9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 01:10 PM
    Toilet Bubble
    Hi,
    I have recently heard a bubble from my upstairs toilet on two separate days this week, both times I have a clog in one of the two upstairs toilets. Is this the cause or is there another reason for this. There is no smell and as far as I can tell there has been no backup into a sink or a bathtub, although I do have one sink in my house that drains slower than any other. Do I need to snake the drain? I am not very knowledgeable about plumbing so any help would be helpful... also is there a chance that dangerous water can come up into the sink?
    -Scott-
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 3, 2010, 04:27 PM

Let's be sure about this. Have you seen the bubbles in the bowl? Or did you just hear it? I'm asking this because bubbles can be confused with gurgles by the sound.'
    Bubbles indicate a blockage while a gurgle indicates a vent problem,
    Sooo, did you see the toilet bubbling? Let me know, Tom
    UicSam9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 08:46 PM
    I did see the bubble but it only happened after the sink had been running for about an hour with quite a bit of soap being used. I have OCD so this can happen from time to time. My father-in-law told us about a way to check by using a bucket of water. We poured a bucket of water down each of the toilets and the water went down without a problem. Since I plunged both they have been working and I have not seen any more bubbles. But I don't want to ignore this if there is a problem. I don't have a septic tank also, in case that is important. Thanks for any additional help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 4, 2010, 06:07 AM

Chances are that you had a partial blockage that you caught when you plunged. Sounds like you're "good ta go" Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine causes toilet to bubble [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening everyone. Here is my situation. -We are on septic tank that was pumped about 9 months ago -When washer drains, the sink 'gurgles', both toilets(same level) bubble and both bathtubs back up... only happens when the washing machine drains -I have snaked all roof vents, toilets, tubs...

How to stop toilet bubble [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet down stairs when I flush bubbles come some time it come when without flashing .toilet not connect with anything

Bubble in toilet, then Over flow [ 10 Answers ]

I had just flushed the downstairs toilet. It went as normal then got quiet. A minute later the bubbles (big bubbles) started coming up. When the bubbles stopped the water started to fill up and over flow. During all this an upstairs shower was running. I turned off the water upstairs and to the...

Toilet bubble and overflow [ 9 Answers ]

We lived in a house build in 1959 when we moved in a couple years ago one of the previous owner convert the garage into bedroom with bath room shower and toilet added to be second bathroom. The sewer system were working fine until couple days ago when taking a shower in the house the toilet in...

Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble! [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a 2 bath home, ranch style. The toilet and shower in the master are fine, as is the kitchen sink and the laundry room. In the main bath, my toilet won't drain, when plunged out it backs into the tub drain. Also, when I run the water in the tub, it makes the toilet bubble. Same thing...

View more questions Search