Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zika Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Insurance company
    Where do insurance companies ivest their money. How does this business work?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2007, 03:07 PM
    They invest in real estate, in stocks, mutual funds, in all sorts of loans.

You can look up the web site for your state insurance commission, it will help
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 13, 2007, 04:06 PM
    It depends on the type of insurance company; mutual company, stock company, specialty lines, reinsurer, etc. Insurance corporations invest like any other business. Mutual insurers sometimes even pay dividends to their insureds. Some insurers actually hold investment companies or are under the same umbrella with investment companies, and any outsi6de investments are made through the sister/parent/subsidiary company. Then there is reinsurance, and that can provide liquid assets to an insurer (and sell liability so that another company actually takes on the responsibility of paying under the policy through the insurer) when an insurer needs capital. It can get intricate.
    MISSLADY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 10:48 AM
    West Palm Beach,fl
    MISSLADY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small Business Company Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How do you get insurance for a new small business company? What service providers do I need to look at? My setting is in Washington, DC. What are the best places for small business insurance?:confused:

How do I start my own insurance company [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking to start my own insurance company, but don't know much about it. How do I go about getting licensed to sell insurance? Once I get licensed, will I then be able to open my own business and sell insurance policies?

Framed by Insurance Company [ 2 Answers ]

I work in a chiropractic office. While treating a patient for a workers comp injury, the insurance adjuster for the patient came and "pretended" to get treatment for an injury. She would make appts around the same time as the patient being treated under the workers comp company she worked for. ...

Repayment to insurance company [ 2 Answers ]

I was involved in an auto incident last year in where I was struck by a motorist in CA without auto insurance. I received my policy check from my own auto insurance from my uninsured motorist coverage. I had to have surgery as a result of the accident and my personal health insurance paid for it...

Insurance from Mortgage company [ 2 Answers ]

In Michigan can a mortgage company charge more for insurance than the actual cost. Also, can you tell me the law on this. Thank you

View more questions Search