Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sam_Felgen Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Should I got for it? Or stay as just friends?
    Ok, I'm 14 And I Recently Just Broke Up With My Boyfriend Who I Was With For 1 Year And 5 Months. I Don't Want To Go Rushing Into Other Relationships, But My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend Said He Likes Me.

And I Think I'm Starting To Like Him As well. I've Known Him For Around 2 Years So I Know Him Pretty Well.

I've Been Told That It's a Bad Thing To Go Out With An Ex's Friend/s Because The Ex Has Known To Get Jealous And People Just Think That Its Not Right.

I Just Want To Stay Friends For The Moment.. But Is It A Good Idea To Get Together Later? :confused:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 12, 2008, 11:49 PM
    I would say if the two of you are considering a relationship, then talk to your ex and make sure that it won't cause friction between those two. And the two of you, if you are still friends.

It is kind of taboo, but it happens.
    mommyb123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2008, 12:05 AM
    Um I think you should give it a shot why not? Maybe it can develop into an amazing relationship, and if you are friends first, and then later go out with each other, and it doesn't work out, well then hopefully you both can go back to being friends, and who care if he is your ex Bf's friend, its not like you are falling in love or cheating on him right?
    Just go for it girl! :) :) you are still young, and you only live once!!
    Vision Expert

May 13, 2008, 12:07 AM
    I disagree, I would tell him to okay it with his friends first. Do you really want to break up a friendship for a MAYBE relationship??
    mommyb123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2008, 12:17 AM
    True! But I still think you should go for it XD
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

May 13, 2008, 02:08 AM
    I think you're far too young to be going out for someone for a year and a half... jeez :]
    You're young - you should be having fun with your friends you can worry about the boys later :)
    But if you insist on this lifestyle then I'm against going out with his best friend.. It's disrespectful towards him(your ex) and the relationship you used to have.. and if his best friend wants to go out with you then he's also in the wrong.. I used to like my buddies ex, but I asked him if it was cool with him first.. He could always do that.
    Vision Expert

May 13, 2008, 02:12 AM
    I agree... thanks for backing me up on that nickshehe
    Sam_Felgen Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2008, 02:33 AM
    I Did Agree With ChihuahuaMomma Before.

Im Still Friends With My Ex And All Of My Friends Get Along With My Ex

And His Best Friend Who Is Also My Best Friend.
    I Know That I Am Young And Things Like That
    But What Better Way Can You Enjoy Your Life If You Share It With Someone Else And Your Friends
    Sure We All Make Mistakes But They Are The Things That Keep Us Going.

My Best Friend Did Say To My Ex That He Liked Me And My Ex Just Said Go For It..
    Vision Expert

May 13, 2008, 02:37 AM
    If you both have permission from the ex, and you both like each other, then go for it. But expect there to be something from your ex. He most likely does not like the idea, and does not approve, but is saying that he does to appease the two of you, and keep you guys happy. Please keep that in mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should We Stay Friends? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Well here is my situation. My girlfriend broke up with me (long story so I won't get into the details) and she told me she wanted to remain friends. I responded by being honest with her. I told her that I couldn't be friends with her because I knew for a fact that every time I...

Stay friends? Or let go? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been friends with this girl on the net for about 3 years now. We became friends from playing an online video game. We played all the time and that's how our friendship grew. But over the last year an a half, she has been struggling in life. Her family fights with her other family, and her...

View more questions Search