Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    germangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 04:50 AM
    To lower my cholesterol, what do I have to look out for on nutrition labels
    Hi, found out my cholesterol is way to high. I want to try Frozen dinners, so I don't have to cook.. lol. Any Idea which frozen dinner is a good one to lower my cholesterol? I know I have to eat a low-fat diet but what else do I have to look out for? Is Sodium intake a problem, does it have to be low in cholesterol?
    Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 05:16 AM

Here is a website with excellent information on lowering cholesterol:

http://www.saveonfoods.com/.../speci...holesterol.htm

Tick
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 18, 2010, 05:16 AM

A diet that is low in fat is less than 30% fat by calories. So if the label states that a serving is 100 calories, no more than 30 calories should be from fat.

More info here:

HeartPoint: Cholesterol: Low Fat Diet

Diet plan 2010: Consumer Reports rates diet foods for your microwave and there's good news

Some recommendations about healthy frozen entrées there.

G&P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower left abdomen and lower backpain [ 3 Answers ]

My lower left abdomen really hurts with my lower backpain and its just happen right after my husband and I have sex,but before that I frequently feel numb un my left arm and leg. :confused: someone help me...

What are natural foods and vitamins to lower cholesterol? [ 9 Answers ]

I do not have high blood pressure as a rule but I find it getting higher as I get older and I would like to keep it under control with vitamins(natural) and or minerals. What is recommended? Thanks

How do I lower my liver enzyme and cholesterol levels? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 17 years old and I had a blood test about a month ago and I was told that my cholesterol was very high and my liver enzymes were also very high. I drink quite heavily on the weekends, but as of today I have stopped drinking until I have to have another blood test. :( Is there anything in...

Pain at lower abdoen left and right and at lower back [ 2 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and I am feel pain at lower abdomen left and right and at lower back. Although it is not a huge pain but a little bit on and of some times. Please guide me. Thanks,

Recipes to lower high cholesterol [ 1 Answers ]

My family has a history of high cholesterol and it's happening to me. I walk a lot, I avoid fatty foods and I take a bottle of Danacol daily. My problem is I'm starting to hate boiled or steamed vegies. I can't even stand the smell anymore. Where can I find some good low fat recipes . Thanks

View more questions Search