Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbrochtrup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 12:33 PM
    How do you calculate the "relaxed" diameter of a helix.
    I need an auger that will be made of circular pieces of steel flat stock welded together. When complete the auger will be 120" long and have an OD of 36". The flights will be 3", therfore the ID of the auger will be 29". The auger will make four revolutions in it's 120" length.
    I need to know what is the OD of the flat stock required to get a helix with an OD of 36" when stretched out.
    sbrochtrup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 01:55 PM

Correction, the OD of the auger should be 35" not 36"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

How to calculate "brake even point" in balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

How to calculate "brake even point" in balance sheet

What information is needed to calculate "Retained Earning"? [ 3 Answers ]

PROBLEM: During 2006, Edgemont Corporation had revenues of $230,000 and expenses, including income taxes, of $190,000. On December 31, 2005, Edgemont had assets of $350,000, liabilities of $80,000, and capital stock of $210,000. Edgemont paid a cash dividend of $25,000 in 2006. No additional stock...

Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man" [ 2 Answers ]

OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is...

View more questions Search