Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Benefits of eating baking soda
    In your opinion, is using baking soda beneficial to our health when we ingest it.

I heard of putting b. soda in water to make it more alkaline, or putting it with beans and legumes to make them less starchy.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 19, 2009, 03:35 PM

On the baking soda box I have it says that you can put in water and drink it when you have heart burn. I don't think it is really beneficial when eating it though.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 01:09 PM

A small amount taken in water or a PWO shake can have benefits. It can also give you an upset tummy. You have to decide if it's worth it.

Green vegetables like broccoli and spinach will also make you more akaline, and it's easier to take.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ratio of baking soda/baking powder to plainf flour [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Australian cookie recipe that calls for self raising flour and I do not have any.. what ratio of baking powder should I add to the regular flour to make it "self raising' Many thanks

Bicarbonate of soda vs. Baking soda? [ 2 Answers ]

In Australia, we only have bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. The chocolate crinkles recipe I want to try out requires baking soda. Which can I use to substitute & how much?:confused:

Baking powder and baking soda [ 2 Answers ]

In baking what are the differences between baking powder and baking soda? The reason is that one time I used the wrong one in a cake recipe and it did not come out right.

Baking soda, does it really work and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to find out ways I could pass a drug test using home remedies such as the baking soda. I'm a meth user/addict who seems to always land myself back to this situation and eventually back to a state of incarceration. Any information on ways to buy some more time to get a hold of...

Identifying baking soda and washing soda [ 2 Answers ]

Using a monoprotic acid, how would you find out which sample is baking soda and which sample is washing soda if you have unknown samples of each? I think it has something to do with how much CO2 each produces when reacted with the acid, but I don't know which produces more CO2 and which produces...

View more questions Search