Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChrisHen051508 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Worried about nutritional health
    Hi, this is my first inquiry on this site so please be a little patient if I didn't do it quite right. About 5 years ago I went through a stage of anorexia, since then I have gotten married and had two beautiful children. Since I have had my youngest daughter 6 months ago, I have completely lost my appetite, and the mere thought of food disgusts me. When I was anorexic I wanted to be to lose wieght, until I realized what it was doing to my health, now I eat only 3-4 meals a week, but I want to eat. Is there some possible way that I can be slipping back into anorexia without even meaning to or realizing it?
    Torriewilson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 11:09 PM
    I doubt that you are subconciously slipping back into anorexia. Anorexia is a mental disease and is when a person actually wants to be thin and sees themselves differently to how they really are. When you have Anorexia you don't care about your health as you would know. But it sounds as though you are generally concerned with your health. After pregnancy it is possible for one to lose their appetite due to the previous physical and emotional strain that was put on your body. Here are some tips to eating more and maintaing good nutrition:
    MEAL TIME
    -Take advantage of the times when you feel the best. Eat a hearty meal when you are hungry. Many people have their best appetite in the morning, when they are rested.
    -Limit fluids during meals. Liquids can create a feeling of fullness. It may help to drink liquids 30 to 60 minutes before or after meals.
    -Create a pleasant mealtime atmosphere.
    -Vary the color and texture of foods to make the meal more appealing.
    -wine or beer before meals may stimulate the appetite
    SNACK TIME
    -Keep snacks readily available. Cheese, ice cream, canned fruit, nuts, and milk are examples of high–protein and high–calorie snacks requiring little or no preparation.
    -Bedtime may be a good time to snack because your appetite for the next meal will not be affected.
    Anytime
    -Cold or room–temperature foods may be more appealing. Cold sandwiches or main dish salads are good choices.
    -Experiment with foods. Once–favorite foods may no longer appeal to you while foods you’re not fond of may become more appealing.
    -Regular exercise may stimulate your appetite. Check with your physician for your exercise limits.
    NCREASING CALORIES
    -Use butter generously on potatoes, bread, toast, hot cereal, rice, noodles, vegetables and in soups.
    -Spread butter (also high in protein) on toast, bread, apple or banana slices.
    -Add powdered creamer or dry milk powder to hot cocoa, milkshakes, hot cereal, gravy, sauces, meatloaf, cream soups or puddings.
    -Meat, chicken and fish contain more calories when breaded or fried than when baked, broiled or roasted.
    -Brown sugar, honey, dried fruit or cream can add extra calories to hot cereal.
    -Serve cake, pudding topped with ice cream.
    -Use fruit canned in heavy syrup. It has more calories than fresh or juice–packed fruit. If you prefer fresh fruit, add sugar and cream.
    -Drink beverages that contain calories. Good choices include fruit juice, lemonade, fruit–flavored drinks, cocoa, milkshakes. (Water, black coffee and tea have no calories).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm worried about my mom's mental health [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old American girl living in Germany. For about the last 7 years, my mother's mental and physical health seem to be steadily deteriorating. It all started when my mother's father died. My mother was pregnant at the time with my younger brother and the shock of her father's death threw...

Worried about my health [ 3 Answers ]

I Recently Visited The Doctor To See If I Am Pregnant Because I Was Having So Many Symptoms Of Pregnancy.but I Am Not Pregnant.now I'm Worried About What's Really Wrong With Me.I Have Gooey,white Discharge Inside Of My Nipples,I Haven't Had A Period Since June 2006.I Had A Abortion In August 2006.I...

View more questions Search