Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deanmom Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Baby with cow's milk allergy, what now?
    It's very obvious that my one year son has a cow's milk allergy. Since we weaned him off the formula and used regular milk, he has had more gas, burps, spits up a lot, and has constant yellow diarrhea, and is very fussy. I have given his body time to get used to the milk, because I know some kids have difficulty switching over, it's been 2 weeks, no change, it's just getting worse. My question is which milk should I give him? I have heard of soy, lactose free, hormone free, pasteurized goat milk, and regular goat milk(not pasteurized). I need to know what will be the best option for him and still be cheap. We can't afford to take him to the doctor to ask them. Please respond quickly. I don't know what to use
    mle_ray Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Goats milk is the next best thing to breast milk, soy milk/formula has been shown to mess with hormone levels, and is also more likely to cause allergies in little ones. Definitely try to find some hormone-free/organic goats milk. It might be a little pricey through the grocery... if you live in a rural area I would try to hook up with a local farmer. Its definitely worth it, allergies can spiral into a whole mess of problems- ear infections, behavioral issues, yeast infections, all sorts of stuff.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Is there a free clinic you could take him too? Allergies can be serious things and need to be dealt with professionally. Doctors can test for allergies before you have to put your son through the "trial and error" process of finding something that would work for him.

Good luck!
    deanmom Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deanmom
    It's very obvious that my one year son has a cow's milk allergy. Since we weaned him off the formula and used regular milk, he has had more gas, burps, spits up a lot, and has constant yellow diarrhea, and is very fussy. I have given his body time to get used to the milk, because I know some kids have difficulty switching over, it's been 2 weeks, no change, it's just getting worse. My question is which milk should I give him? I have heard of soy, lactose free, hormone free, pasteurized goat milk, and regular goat milk(not pasteurized). I need to know what will be the best option for him and still be cheap. We can't afford to take him to the doctor to ask them. Please respond quickly. I don't know what to use
    Thank you mle ray.
    And to learningasigo: we recently ordered his birth certificate and received it, that was all that was needed to sign up for K-chip. I knew about that, I just needed something for until I was accepted and got an appointment. I wasn't going to let him wait 2 or so weeks until I found something he could handle. Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No milk for my baby [ 3 Answers ]

Halo my breastmilk is running out.My baby is now 7months old,I would really want to breastfeed until he is 1 1/2 years.what do I do to increase my milk:confused:

Can I feed my 3 month old cow's milk? [ 25 Answers ]

Have a 3 month old and am wondering if I can give him any type of cow's milk, whether it be whole, 2%, etc. I know its not RECOMMENDED, but am wondering what will happen. Thank you.

Do I have allergy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I normally do not have smelly sweat, but these days I feel my sweat smells under one are, and I have red itchy bumps all over, I scratch them and they leave marks all over , do I have allergy ? I have never had any kind of allergy all my life.

Milk Allergy In An Older Child [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Is it common for a 12 year old to still have a milk allergy that she's supposedly had since she was a baby?

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search