Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

Jun 8, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Fix has to say goodbye.
    Its my fault, I gave away too much info about certain things and now somebody has found me, again.
    I want to say to everyone I have spoken to over the last few months.. thankyou.
    Thanks for the invaluble advice I have received from some of you... all of you.. the person right now that is sticking in my mind is j_9... you really helped me one night, more than you will ever know, and I cannot thank you enough. And also, allheart, your words in one of my post hit me hard, in a good way, I thank you too...

There are some truly fantastic people on here and personally I don't think you all get enough credit for what you do to try and help the people that come here..

I have had some trouble with somebody once again finding out who I am, and I do not feel comfortable knowing that somebody close to me in my personal life knows what they know about me, but yeah, as I said it is my own fault... next time I will be more causious about the stuff that I reveal about myself... I will see you all around, I'm sure of that
    Take it easy all of you, fix...

(ps, this is the last time I will sign into my account, so please don't take it to heart if I do not reply.)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 06:11 AM
    I wish you luck xxxxx
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Cya, fix. A real let down to see this post. :( but I fully understand why... I think.
    I truly mean this from the heart... all the best to you and yours in the future!
    XXXOOO
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Bye Fix!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Oh God Fix - you will be so missed.

What an incredibly special person you are.

Miss you already. I wish you the very best in everything you do.

Love,
    Allheart

p.s. Whoever is following Fix - I really wish you would just leave her alone! Thank you.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 11:40 AM
    I agree AH. How crappy is this? I don't understand people having to make someone else's life a misery. Fix will never be able to find a web site she can be herself at because a person continues to follow her around the web. Whoever you are that is doing this to her, you have way too much time on your hands. Get a freaking life. Fix, you will be missed.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jun 8, 2007, 11:46 AM
    αwwwww<3 byeee xoxoxoxox
    ActionJackson Posts: 301, Reputation: 28

Jun 8, 2007, 08:41 PM
    [QUOTE=fix-what-you-broke]its my fault, I gave away too much info about certain things and now somebody has found me, again.
    QUOTE]

Have you thought of getting into show biz. Not comedy or suspense but perhaps drama.
    So what if someone found you? Be yourself and don't let someone else control your life. How awful would that be. If you're not guilty of a crime then you have nothing to fear but fear itself. Oh well... to each their own. Have fun.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Action, since we don't know what the nature of the problem is, to suggest that she is being overly dramatic is rather cold. I can only assume no one has stalked you online. There are a number of members here who have had that happen. It can be a very scary and unnerving experience. Some people have managed to become so fixated on another that they have infiltrated their lives completely. There is no excuse for you to make snide remarks when someone is obviously upset and unnerved enough to unsubscribe from a web site. Do you know Fix? Have you interacted here with her as we all have? If not, spare her the lecture. Choose to show compassion, instead of disdain.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Often in life we have to stand fast and be who we are and deal with the things that happen in life.

Often with people we have to deal with those things in our past before we can move on.
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

Jun 9, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Bye Fix
    :(
    Take care
    God bless
    Moomin

Jun 9, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Action, since we don't know what the nature of the problem is, to suggest that she is being overly dramatic is rather cold. I can only assume no one has stalked you online. There are a number of members here who have had that happen. It can be a very scary and unnerving experience. Some people have managed to become so fixated on another that they have infiltrated their lives completely. There is no excuse for you to make snide remarks when someone is obviously upset and unnerved enough to unsubscribe from a web site. Do you know Fix? Have you interacted here with her as we all have? If not, spare her the lecture. Choose to show compassion, instead of disdain.
    No disdain from me. I just don't believe that people ought to allow others to control their every move. If someone is literally stalking her then she ought to go to the authorities. It's not difficult to track someone down who is using the internet unlawfully. And, yes, I have answered a couple of her posts and she does lean toward the dramatic. It doesn't really bother me personally because the world has all kinds. I hope she enjoys running... I just don't think she should.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson
    It's not difficult to track someone down who is using the internet unlawfully.
    Actually no. That's me department and I can tell you that you are wrong here. I too feel you gave a cold response.

Yet I will offer this: people, stop offering up your personal information on the net! How did he get tracked down? Does he use the same username everywhere he goes?
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 06:20 AM
    No disdain from me. I just don't believe that people ought to allow others to control their every move. If someone is literally stalking her then she ought to go to the authorities. It's not difficult to track someone down who is using the internet unlawfully. And, yes, I have answered a couple of her posts and she does lean toward the dramatic. It doesn't really bother me personally because the world has all kinds. I hope she enjoys running...I just don't think she should.
    Yes, you did show disdain in the way you phrased your post. I agree with you that people shouldn't allow others to control their every move and she should take control of the situation instead of running away. I don't know what your prior interaction with her has been but it must not have been very positive for you to choose the words you did above. You could have easily chosen a better way to phrase your thoughts. In my opinion you were rude.

Jun 9, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Actually no. That's me department and I can tell you that you are wrong here. I too feel you gave a cold response.

Yet I will offer this: people, stop offering up your personal information on the net! How did he get tracked down? Does he use the exact same username everywhere he goes?
    I agree... stop giving out very personal information.

I'm no expert and perhaps you are but I have seen television shows where child predators are nabbed for soliciting under age children on the internet. It's a satisfying thing to see. If "fix's" life is in danger, then she did the right thing by removing herself from the site. However, I don't believe that a person should allow others to control their every move. If this "stalker" is able to find "fix" where ever and when ever he wants, then there must be some method for tracking people. If the tables were turned on him, then it shouldn't be too hard to do. Again... I'm no expert.

Jun 9, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Yes, you did show disdain in the way you phrased your post. I agree with you that people shouldn't allow others to control their every move and she should take control of the situation instead of running away. I don't know what your prior interaction with her has been but it must not have been very positive for you to choose the words you did above. You could have easily chosen a better way to phrase your thoughts. IMHO you were rude.
    Perhaps you're right but not anything that you and she won't get over in short order. I went through a period in my life that everything was "poor me." A person rudely told me to "get over myself" once. It really made me mad but she turned out to be a very good friend down the line. Sometimes people need to get shaken up enough to stand back and analyze their situation. It opens the door to growth.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Perhaps you're right but not anything that you and she won't get over in short order. I went through a period in my life that everything was "poor me." A person rudely told me to "get over myself" once. It really made me mad but she turned out to be a very good friend down the line. Sometimes people need to get shaken up enough to stand back and analyze their situation. It opens the door to growth.
    I have never gone through a phase of "poor me". I have seen others do it quite often. Fix wasn't whining or complaining. She was saying goodbye.

I see that you choose to continue to debate on whether your choice of wording was appropriate, instead of just stopping. It is quite lovely of you to share your vast knowledge of what you have learned in life and feel that you need to open the door of growth for her in the way that you have. Please explain to me what gives you the right or the authority to come to the conclusion that Fix needs to be shaken up as rudely as you were by your friend.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Action,
    The Dateline stuff is based on IM chats where the suspected predator agrees to meet at an agreed upon location. More like a sting operation.

In this case I don't believe anyone's life was in danger at all, nor did anything illegal happen; it was more a case of being very uncomfortable and he selected this course of action as a solution.

Jun 9, 2007, 07:16 AM
    I have never gone through a phase of "poor me". I have seen others do it quite often. Fix wasn't whining or complaining. She was saying goodbye.

I see that you choose to continue to debate on whether your choice of wording was appropriate, instead of just stopping. It is quite lovely of you to share your vast knowledge of what you have learned in life and feel that you need to open the door of growth for her in the way that you have. Please explain to me what gives you the right or the authority to come to the conclusion that Fix needs to be shaken up as rudely as you were by your friend.
    Check out the word "sometimes" in my post. Don't know if "fix" falls into the category or not but "sometimes" sharing personal experiences with other CAN help but not always. You certainly have a right to your opinion as I have a right to mine.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Okay Action. Keep defending your right to be rude and tell people what they must do in life in your inimitable way. You say potato and I say potahto. I was always taught that you don't need to be rude to get your point across, and "sometimes" it is better to keep your "opinions" to yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I still email him? A man says goodbye . [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I met a married man in January. I was trying to give up immediately after I knew he has a wife. But he seemed very sad he said he is just an ATM at home and the two boys are actually NOT his own kids, the kids were from their mom, and he mostly lonely and sad at home. I was so moved and I...

Is it time to say goodbye? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 39, the guy I have been dating for 5 yrs is 62, he is good looking, very smart, funny, he is quite capable of taking care of himself(financially, physically). I have not met any of his kids(except one, Jen and I have been friends for 8 yrs), I met his brother by accident, he has asked me to...

What should I do? Second chance, or Say Goodbye. [ 7 Answers ]

I dated a girl for about a year, and I lost my attraction towards her and we broke up. I stayed in contact but she was very condescending and negative towards me every time we talked. The bitter arguing went on for about 6 months. I keep talking to her because I still care for her and she's...

Goodbye old friend [ 10 Answers ]

Sad to see our old friend the Floppy Disc,about to bite the dust,as far as PC World are concerned.Since the so-called early days,I have a floppy disc drive in my PC,even though I now use Windows XP,and Linux.The storage of 1.44mb is simply not good enough in today's hi-tec storage of massive...

View more questions Search