Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stars Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Palpitations and more
    Hi I'm an 19 yr old female.
    Well I want to start by saying that I have been suffering from palpitations 7-8 yrs I think now.. I'm on pillsand I've been having to increase the dose by double amount and this time round 4 times as much daily.
    Id like advice... I'm in a steady relationship now and although I'm a virgin we do other stuff.. my problem is that very often I end up out of breath shaking all over unable to talk etc.. I start moving like a mad person... I wish to know if this has anything to do wit the palpitations. Don't advice me to speak to my doctor because its very hard esp since I normally go wit my parents
    Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
    I am sorry, but you aren't going to like the advice we give very much.

See, you need to go to the doctor because we cannot examine you here. An examination is what you need. We could tell you that it has nothing to do with the palpitations, but without listening, in person, to your heart, we could be giving you wrong, or even dangerous advice.

Since you are 19 you should be able to go into the exam room alone with your doctor, Mom and Dad can wait for you out in the waiting room. You can speak privately to your doctor and by law s/he is not allowed to tell your parents anything that you talked about.

I wish I could help you better, but as I said, without being able to see you in person it is very dangerous advice to diagnose a possible heart condition over the internet.

Jan 3, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Thanks for your help.
    Thing is I said that because I know I won't b able to tell a dr.. Its very complicated but its impossible that id ever have the time to go to a dr when my parents aren't wit me. I only get these shakes etc after a sexual activity
    Thanks a lot anyway
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
    That could be just from the adrenalin in your body causing the shakes. Could be nothing more than that, and that is really normal.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 01:30 PM
    You need to see your doctor. That is the only way. I can sit here at my computer and list all the possibilities of what it could be but without any tests, without any true history. There is no way to know for sure what this could be unless all you want is somebody to tell you what it could be, then I will be happy to share my thoughts on it.

Joe
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Oh, when I re read your post. You said that you experience this right after a sexual activity. This is a simple answer. Orgasm. Your having an orgasm. Some people the feeling lingers. Or stays for a bit. The Orgasm can be very strong and long lasting. Quick to come. All of these are just guesses.

Joe
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Jan 4, 2007, 11:10 PM
    For the most part, shortness of breath is always an important symptom and must never be ignored, except when it is due to normal non-diasese situation such as running, heavy exercise, fear, excitement, sexual intercourse, mountain climbing, remaining in high altitudes, and excessive smoking. Breathlessness is also a symptom in uremia and acute kidney failure but other symptoms in these kidney disorders are more excessive.

Shortness of breath and palpitation or rapid heartbeat have several possible causes. Causes that are so serious, that it would be, in itself, life-threatening to overlook.

Among these causes are, Hypoxia, Angia pectoris, Heart failure, Rheumatic heart disease and rheumatic fever, Pulmonary embolism, Aneurysm (arterial), and Cardiac neurosis. Conditions that are easily manageble when treated in time.

Therefore, I would suggest that you be examined by a Physician, before you assume your symptoms are only due to normal activities. You don't have to tell the Doctor they are from sexual activity, but you should mention another normal activity e.g. running in an effort to encourage your Physician to give further investigation into your situation.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. Adam Brochert, MD, 2006. Discovery Health :: Diseases & Conditions :: shortness of breath

Jan 5, 2007, 04:27 AM
    Thanks to you all
    Well I have been examined throughout the yrs. I've done stress test, echo, the monitors for a day and a week... the last time I've done these were over 2 yrs ago.
    I was told I have a sensitive heart
    Thing is I feel it just gets more sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    You said that you experiance this right after a sexual activity. This is a simple answer. Orgasm. Your having an orgasm. Some people the feeling lingers. Or stays for a bit. The Orgasm can be very strong and long lasting.

Joe
    That rests my mind a bit because the way I start moving scares my boyfriend even if he just touches me I go insane. Thanks for all your advice!
    ravi shankar vadhri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 03:17 AM
    Hi there
    I am a 38 year old recentrly I had palpitation of heartin a normal day when after eating and after a tensed work I checked with the doctor a cardiologist he suggested some routine test like echo 2d and tmt those things are normal and he prescrobed drugs such as metxl and cordarone I want my question is am ai dependendant on these drugs for life or any improvement will be there when I stop these druggs. After using these drugs I am normal now

Jan 8, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Well the 1st time I was given pills I was given indarel (or somehthing like that) that made me sleepy so I started tensol.. well from a 25mg pill a day I'm up to 100mg a day and I still feel it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search