Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yeshw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Flame movement in 2nd chamber
    What does "a lot of flame movement in second chamber" mean as related to a furnace heater and what are its implications?
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Oct 23, 2006, 03:49 PM
    It means that cell (#2) has a possible crack in it and could be allowing carbon monoxide to enter the living area.. Was this diagnosed by a HVAC Tech? Best to have a carbon monoxide check done using the proper detection equipment. Could be other possibilities, but best to rule this one out
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Yup have it looked at, not worth messing with a possible crack.

Oct 24, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Yes, it was looked at by a HVAC maintenance technician.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Oct 24, 2006, 08:59 AM
    And, he said??

Oct 24, 2006, 10:13 AM
    He said that the inducer motor is drawing high amps and there is a lot of flame movement in the second chamber.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Chamber Plumbing Pipe [ 8 Answers ]

We have had Water hammer happening at our house. While remodeling our bathroom, we discovered that the previous owners had drilled a hole in the plumbing air chamber pipe to run electrical wire to a new light they had installed!:eek: We have removed the electrical wire from the pipe. So our...

Cast Iron movement [ 8 Answers ]

My son and I have decided to build out a bathroom in our basement. With some advice of others we're doing pretty good but now we've gotten to fitting the toilet and shower drains to what our design it. All along we thought we had PVC drains but they turn out to be Cast Iron. Both have a pipe...

Old Flame Still Burning? [ 2 Answers ]

Bumped into an old flame at the weekend, she seemed pleased to see me and introduced me to her friend/boy friend, I'm not sure which, with fondness or so it seemed. It was a real shock to see her and I didn't really say much, in fact I was a little cold. I left the club shortly after as I...

Flame on! [ 4 Answers ]

Please HELP. I'm having a problem with my furnace rather it's my thermostat it's no responding to the temperature. I replcae it with a new one and it's still the same the second I turn power on the flame and fan blower turns on.What could it be. The wring it's only two wires. W and r.

Old flame? [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to get an old boyfriend out of my head. I think of him often even though I am with someone. I felt like we were like best friends. Things just didn't work out though. Any ideas? Will I ever see him again? Does he think of me? Or is this all in my head?

View more questions Search