Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wowzers Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2005, 10:51 AM
    Menustral Cycle
    Is it normal to get your period about a week or less before it's due?
    vyki Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Oct 28, 2005, 11:31 PM
    Hi, I'm assuming that you haven't long started your periods as you're posting in teen health.
    It's normal for you periods to be irregular for the first year or so of starting.

The best thing to do is speak to your mom because things like that run in families. She'll be able to decide if you need to see a doctor...
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 30, 2005, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers
    Is it normal to get your period about a week or less before it's due??
    Dear, You did not state how old you were, but this issue should be covered by you and your Mom, as a special mother-daughter thing. If you missed out on this somehow because you and your Mom don't communicate too well, she'll still be there for you during this special time in your life - no matter how much you think 'she won't understand' or that she'll treat the issue as a taboo. Sometimes our Moms were not taught well either, and don't know how to handle it when the time comes, but it could also be that she's waiting for you to come up with the questions first. So please do involve her in this important time of your life called womanhood.
    One very crucial thing to know right now if you are in the starting stage, and not on a regular schedule (which could take 2 years) menstrual-wise is that it's extremely dangerous to do any experimenting with boys at this time, and you should not think of that step yet until you are regular and old enough and a lot more educated. You will probably hear a lot of crap from others your age who know less than you do, but they want to make themselves 'important' (especially boys and they go through just as many questions and anxieties as we girls). The only one to trust at this point though is your Mom- it's something all Moms get ready to share with their daughters any time they are ready. It's also a difficult time for the mothers because their little girls are growing up and they can't help but feel a loss, but also joy. This sounds mixed up, but we Moms all go through it, not just the daughters. Go to your mom and tell her you are ready to talk, give her a hug and let her tell you what she's probably practiced for a long time, knowing it was coming. It's important for you both to share this time. Good luck and keep us posted.

dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Oct 30, 2005, 11:46 AM
    In the first two years that you start having your periods, it will not be regular. You may have months where you will not have your menses & there will be some where you have short cycles. But soon, it will be regular. If it still isn't after 2 years, I would suggest a visit with your gynecologist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Menstrual cycle [ 4 Answers ]

March 9th my period started and it was normal.around the 25th-31st of march I have been spotting and feeling a little crampy,what do you think is happening,and this is the first it has ever done this.

Irregular cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know I am the mother of 2 young children I got my period but its irregular could I be pregnant.could using drugs affect my period

Menustral cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a 25 year old girl and since few months my cycle has become very very irregular this month I had it twice I went and saw a doctor and she told me that it was due to stress or getting over exhausted but I am still very nervous about it and need a second advice.how normal is it to have your...

Dog heat cycle? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dog and I think he is on his heat cycle and I would like to know if this is the reason that he is losing weight like crazy because I don't have a female dog just a male and some of my friends say its because of the heat cycle and they recommended me to use nutri-cal for this situation do...

No heat cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Boiler will go to set temp //shut off then not cycle back on when temp drops below setting.. if I turn the thermstat off then back on it will heat to set temp but not come back on.. pump doesn't seem to shut off even at 5-6 degrees below set temp.theromstat is a RobertShaw on a wellsMclain...

View more questions Search