Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mujeebonsite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 10:01 AM
    Online network issue free suggestion
    HI I have 2003 server OS with Raid 1 (Mirror.. c drive) .and I hava more 3 hard dirve with drive name D,E F.. In this D,E,F I have my data.Now I want secure this data throuth RAID... Right now my OS is secure.( Total I have 5 Sata HDD)

Kindly give me answer..

Thanks
    mujeebonsite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 10:01 AM
    HI I have 2003 server OS with Raid 1 (Mirror.. c drive) .and I hava more 3 hard dirve with drive name D,E F.. In this D,E,F I have my data.Now I want secure this data throuth RAID... Right now my OS is secure.( Total I have 5 Sata HDD)

Kindly give me answer..

Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 25, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Well as you are already running RAID 1 what are you looking to do?
    Please clarify your question.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 02:58 AM
    Two options for basic RAIDing of the data:

1. Purchase 3 more drives and setup mirroring (RAID 1) for each of the D:, E:, and F: drives.

Or...

2. Backup the data on D:, E:, and F:. Then configure the three drives as a single RAID 5 (Warning: this will destroy the existing data). Next create D:, E:, and F: partitions on the new RAID 5 volume. Finally, restore the backed up data to the partitions.

Performance should be considered. Another RAID configuration may be more suitable for the server's role.

Also, your OS is not secure if you do not have a backup (or two!). RAID is for high availability, not backup. Conventional RAID does not protect against file system corruption, controller failure, or multiple drive failures that exceed the tolerance of the RAID level used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I start free online PHD program in network security [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start PHD degree program free of cost

Network issue. [ 1 Answers ]

What does the ping 192.168.0.1 -l 1000 -n 100 command do?

Network issue [ 2 Answers ]

My machine does not connect to the network until the computer is shut down. What is the problem?

View more questions Search