Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    celloebetty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 11:05 AM
    How do we avoid receiving presents we really don't want?
    This Christmas is my son's first Christmas and I'm trying to figure out how to ask his grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. NOT to send him big presents (we have a small house), presents that require batteries and things that make a lot of noise. I'm know they will all want to get him something but I don't want to sound like I'm being demanding. From past experience gifts have been really OVER THE TOP and there have been way too many of them.
    What can I say and not sound rude?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Create a WEB site for your son (Yahoo groups is great for this). You can regularly post pictures for family to share and you can restrict access to only family. Then, you can create a gift registry for holiday or birthday. Give the family a list of things that you think are appropriate or needed.

They should get the idea.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 12, 2006, 11:19 AM
    Two words:

Yard sale

(haha) nah, that was just a joke.. seriously, if your family are reasonable people, then just tell them what you posted here, they should understand. I think your reqeust is very reasonable. I too live in a small house and know what that's like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

OCD: Why do they avoid touching others? [ 6 Answers ]

Why do people with obsessive-compulsive disorder avoid touching others? I don't see how this fits into the disorder.

Mortgage penalty - how to avoid [ 10 Answers ]

Guys Hi by the way, new to the forum. I have a question. We are currently with Wells Fargo and tied into the mortgage for 1 more year. With my wife being pregnant we need to move but WF want $5000 for us to break away early. IS there anyway of breaking this ? Are there any mortgage...

Presents or not [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I both previously married. We are well past being "kids" that need things, and have enough stuff for several households. I feel that the invitations to our very informal wedding should indicate that presents are not necessary. My beloved, however, feels that there should be no...

Pt3 to how I get my Ex back presents; what not to do [ 3 Answers ]

Pt 3 to how I get my ex back presents; what not to do -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well everybody who have read pt 2 of this saga knows about what's going on between me and my beautiful ex girlfreind, so here we go. Easter Sunday I get a...

View more questions Search