Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenman Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 02:01 PM
    How-to auto logon/logoff by certain time??
    Is there a way to automatic logon/logoff for a user in a domain, let say at 8:00am and 5:00pm respectively? :cool:

Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 15, 2006, 02:30 PM
    It is possible to specify times that a user may be looged on to a domain in the user account.
    Also, by using group policy you can force log OFF a user when the end time occurs.
    I'm not sure if it's possible to set an automatic log on, especially using Ctrl-Alt-Del as this requires user input.
    You could work around this by using a timer switch, to turn the computer on and have it connect to the domain without the Ctrl-Alt-Del function, but this requires using the Win XP welcome screen and setting a default account.
    greenman Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Thank Ben,
    I haven't found a good solution for this.

For those curious about this topic or similar topics:

How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231/en-us

How to automatically log on to a user account in Windows XP (Ben's response above)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282866/en-us

How To Assign a Logon Script to a Profile for a Local User in Windows Server 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324803/en-us
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Feb 20, 2006, 01:04 PM
    Asuuming the system is powered up, you might look at the "AT" command via batch command. It may also be possible to run is as a windows service. The AT command is a carry-over from UNIX.

GOod Luck.

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by greenman
    Is there a way to automatic logon/logoff for a user in a domain, let say at 8:00am and 5:00pm respectively? :cool:

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Logon script [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I am currently trying to create a logon script to run when users logon to their computer. The script needs to locate or find *.pst files (or archive.pst files) and then move those files to another location. I am trying to get everyone's archive.pst files on the same location on every...

HELP! Want to Logon using Welcome Screen! [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, the way I logon (Windows XP) to my own PC is using the Classic Command Prompt and I have been trying to switch to the Welcome Screen in which a user can simply click on his/her name rather than having to type out a user name and password. In order to attempt to switch to the Welcome...

Ctrl-alt-del secure logon screen [ 1 Answers ]

How to turn this feature on in win xp professional envirnoment? I tried the following procedure but it won't work for win xp. Please help. Control panel - users account - NO ADVANCED TAB to choose... Thank you.

Windows 98 logon [ 3 Answers ]

Hopefully this is a fairly simple question to answer but I've just never gotten around to asking it before. When I start up Windows 98 on some computers it goes straight in and I can start using it. When I start it on other computers however I have to log in. How do I turn off this need to log...

View more questions Search