Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krishnakolge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Network Access
    When I connect to another computer by using IP address as(e.g) \\10.10.10.10 I get error message that Workgroup is not accessible, you might not have permission. Haw can I solve this problem ?
    Wanabe Posts: 2, Reputation: 5

Sep 7, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Can you ping the computer that you're trying to access?

From a command prompt type ping 10.10.10.10. If you're connection is good you should see a Reply message when you do this.
    Christopher_amatulli Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Sep 11, 2007, 05:16 AM
    The answer is in the error message... you are in a workgroup, and there is no tructed connection to the machine. You are best off going direct to a share AKA: \\10.10.10.10\share

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home network access [ 1 Answers ]

I have two computers set up in my house. When I set up a home network, Ican;t access the other computer - although it can access mine. The error message is: " computer is not accessible. You might not have permission. See your network administrator." I don't understand.:confused:

Access 2 network from single comp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a redhat 9 with 2 network card.I want to access this computer from 2 different network.will I be ableto connect to this system if I plug cables of both the network in different network card with some static ip?? Regards Kh

Network Access Issue [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for suggestions here. I have a home network that includes two desktops and two laptops all running XP of various flavors. I also have to NAS storage devices, one that uses special software and one that does not. The desktops and NAS devices connect to an 8-port switch which then connects to...

Network access to one shared printer has failed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a windows network. Computers are Win98SE #1, Win98SE #2, XPsr2 #1 and XP sr2#2. I have USB printers attached to 98SE #1 and XPsr2 #1. Printers are shared. System in place for approx. 2yrs and has worked fine. About 3 weeks ago XPsr2 #1 had difficulty accessing the printer on Win98Se #1....

View more questions Search