Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ftg Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 08:44 PM
    Share LAN over Internet
    I want to share my LAN network with the internet.
    I want to be able to connect to the LAN through the internet.
    How can I do that.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 19, 2011, 12:45 AM
    What are you trying to achieve ?

Nov 19, 2011, 10:38 PM
    I want to connect/access counter strike 1.6 servers and some other resources which are on a LAN from the Internet. The LAN host does not have Internet available.

Dec 6, 2011, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    What are you trying to achieve ?
    Any ideas
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 8, 2011, 11:01 AM
    Obviously the first thing is to get a connection with the internet, such as a via a cable modem and wireless router or gateway server. Once you can access the internet from your server several steps are involved to make your server available from outside:

1. Set up a static IP for the server you want to access - this involves setting the IP on the server and reserving that IP in the DHCP on your gateway.
    2. On the gateway port-forward the appropriate application to this static IP. The specific port to forward depends on the application to want to access from outside.
    3. Use a service such as dyndns.org to manage the mapping of the URL you will use from outside to the IP address assigned by your ISP for your gateway. Your router should have a dynamic DNS management function, so that it can inform DynDNS.org what its current IP address is.

Obviously the details for each step depend on the specific model of router and the OS on your server.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting a wired and wireless lan to share internet with one switch [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, We currently have a wireless internet connection in my office. A new computer lab has just been wired and connected to a switch. I want to connect this lab to my wireless switch so that the computers in the lab can access the internet. Do I need a server in the lab? How do I go...

How can I share my scanner within LAN? [ 4 Answers ]

It is an internet café I need to share my scanner through the server there are 6 computers connected in LAN. Already my printer I shared and it s working. We use os win xp.

Lan To Lan Internet Sharing Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Tnx for reading.. hope you can help me.. here is my question with all the information I can think.. I have 2 computers I'm using windows XP SP2 I don't have any router or switch My 1st computer have an internet connection with 2 lancards My 2nd computer have no internet connection with...

I want to share my scanner on lan [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all... Please tell me that how can I share my scanner which is connected with one of my 5 pc's on Lan. I wants to share scanner for other users can access that scanner while the actual pc/pc user is busy in other work. If in this case any other want to scan the document then they can...

LAN to LAN via Internet... [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, First hope that I'm not causing heaache for you... If not please continue... I'm building up another Domain(no forests and no trees), that domain will be in another location. So I'll have two local area networks, where each of them is in a totally different and distant...

View more questions Search