Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngstyMeierLink Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Instrumental Jazz song with lots of Clav
    Ok so today on the 60's and 70's oldies type station in VA I heard this song that just rocked. It reminded me of like a Herbie Hancock thing. It was instrumental and very upbeat jazzy and the main instrument was a clav, with some guitar soloing too. I looked all over the stations website but they don't list their songs. Please someone tell me you know the song I'm talking about!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 04:33 PM
    You say that you have looked all over the station's website. Would you please provide the link to the website here? Knowing that for us would be one way that we could help you the best here. Since you are talking about instrumental music, I would assume that the piece had no lyrics and that it's a "piece" or "tune" and thus not a "song". Would that be correct, that it has no lyrics in it? Knowing that would help to narrow things down some here.

Thanks!
    AngstyMeierLink Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    You say that you have looked all over the station's website. Would you please provide the link to the website here? Knowing that for us would be one way that we could help you the best here. Since you are talking about instrumental music, I would assume that the piece had no lyrics and that it's a "piece" or "tune" and thus not a "song". Would that be correct, that it has no lyrics in it? Knowing that would help to narrow things down some here.

Thanks!
    Instrumentals are songs too! :cool: Ok anyway you there's no lyrics, that's what I meant. That's what I use to refer to songs with no lyrics. Here's the link to the radios website.

WDIC AM 1430 & FM 92.1

It's the 92.1 Classic hits station. If there's any more info you need let me know. I'm pretty sure this is a fairly well known song for people who are familiar with that time and genre of music. I really want to get it so I can learn to play it! Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Instrumentals are songs without words, perhaps... But, if you want to get technical in speaking with musicians, instrumentals aren't songs.

None the less though, I will be glad to click on the link and take a look at the website to which it leads. Surely there is a playlist somewhere...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name that tune.Instrumental jazz piece! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so previously I asked about an istrumental jazz piece I pretty sure it';s from the 90's I've been hearing it since I was little may this will help.. it starts : do do do do da da da da who da da da da da da da da in 4/4 time lol!

Looking for the name of an instrumental song [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to Everyone, I am looking for an instrumental music whose sound is similar to the song - imagination body talk. Especially, at the beginning of this song(body talk) a piano starts to play, this is short but almost the same with the instrumental music that I am looking for. The song may be...

Please help ID this old instrumental song. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to find the name of this instrumental piece of music for 40 years! I would be so relieved to find an answer. It must have been from the very early 1960's. I have only heard it on the radio twice in the last 30 years. It was in the very end of the movie King Ralph when they are at...

View more questions Search