Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nealsmemory Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Can you sell piano key ivory?
    I have a piano that's around 100 years old. It was not taken care of and hardly any of the keys work. I have had it worked on numerous times, but can no longer afford to repair it. There is genuine ivory on each of the keys. I have been told there is a market for the old ivory but have no idea where to start looking. I hate to scrap the ivory if I can sell it. Thanks for any help & ideas!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 04:28 PM
    I would try eBay, just a thought, my wife and I have a music studio , but have never thought about it, ( we always just sell the piano whole even fairly junk ones)

I will not say you will sell them there, I won't say you will get a fair price, but it is one place to try. Also if you have a antique auction house in your area you may see if they would try to sell them for you.

** I may be off base but these were just my first thoughts, never sold any personally

Jan 3, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Thanks so much, I'll go from there!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Come back and let us know if you sell them and if it went well.

We can then know more if someone else asks the same thing sometime in the future

Jan 5, 2007, 04:57 PM
    OK, I will. Will be a few days before I can pursue it. Thanks again!
    beret4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Forget eBay. Ivory and many other endangered animal products are forbidden!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone play piano? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this forum Just wondering - does anyone play piano? If u do please tell me cause I have some questions to ask Thanks

Can you sell piano key ivory? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a piano that's around 100 years old. It was not taken care of and hardly any of the keys work. I have had it worked on numerous times, but can no longer afford to repair it. There is genuine ivory on each of the keys. I have been told there is a market for the old ivory but have no idea...

Learning the Piano [ 9 Answers ]

Can one of those portable keyboards be used to learn the piano. If so, which one would you recommend?

Aging yellowish colour on white/ivory plastic [ 1 Answers ]

How do I restore the original colour of white/ivory-coloured computer stuff from the aging yellowish tint?

View more questions Search