Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brijmohan123456 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Acceleration of the lift
    A man of mass 85 kg stands on a lift of mass 30 kg.when he pulls the rope ,he exerts a force of 400 newton on the floor of the lift.calculate the acceleration of lift.
    Please also explain the steps
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 18, 2013, 08:08 AM
    Use F=ma. You have values for 'F' (400N) and 'm' (30 + 85 Kg) - solve for 'a'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi lift [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if it is possible to use a hi lift light blonde color on medium brown hair. I've bleached my hair before and I was told hi lift blonde such as Ion from sally beauty supply would work on my hair color,but I am kind of hesitant to use it unless I get some feedback.Any advice?

Finding average acceleration and point acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

A car initially traveling eastward turns north by traveling in a circular path at uniform speed as in the figure below. The length of the arc ABC is 260 m, and the car completes the turn in 40.0 s. I need to find the acceleration at a point 35 degrees below the horizontal in terms of vectors I...

Lift station [ 1 Answers ]

I am insalling a lift sation on a one bedroom cabin. 3in intake with 2in discharge . Do I vent where it goes into the lift or the 2in dischrge out to the septic tank. Thank you Luis

Substituting derivative of acceleration for acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

Can the derivative of acceleration be subsituted for a in f=ma?

View more questions Search